Windows Forms Pivot Grid Overview
9 Dec 2019 / 1 minute to read
The pivot grid control is a powerful cell-oriented, extensible grid control that simulates the pivot table feature of Excel. The pivot grid, as the name implies, pivots data to be organized in a cross-tabulated form. The major advantage of pivot grid is that you can extract the desired information from a large list within seconds. Along with presenting the data, the pivot grid also enables you to summarize and group the data.
The important features of the pivot grid control are listed below:
- Data binding - Supports to bind different types of relational data sources such as IList, IEnumerable, etc.
- Drill support - Enables to navigate through inner levels of a hierarchy element present in both column and row headers.
- Pivot Table Field List - Provides a built-in pivot schema designer very similar to Microsoft’s Excel.
- Filtering - Interactive support to filter the data in the pivot grid.
- Grouping bar - Interactive support to group the data in the pivot grid.
- Sorting - Interactive support to sort the data in the pivot grid.
- Summaries - Extensive support to show brief information about the individual data columns or groups of rows.
- Selection - Supports to select multiple cells in the pivot grid.
- Conditional formatting - Allows to format cells based on certain conditions.
- Exporting - Allows to export the pivot grid control into various formats such as PDF, word and excel formats.
- Printing - Allows to print the pivot grid control.
- Tooltip - Displays row and column values of respective grid cells on mouse hovering.