Getting Started with Windows Forms PDF Viewer (PdfViewerControl)
Adding reference to PdfViewerControl and dependent assemblies
Refer to the Control Dependencies section to get the list of assemblies.
Installing NuGet packages
Adding reference to Syncfusion assemblies through NuGet packages is illustrated in the NuGet Packages section.
Starting with v16.2.0.x, if you reference Syncfusion assemblies from trial setup or from the NuGet feed, you also have to include a license key in your projects. Please refer to this link to know about registering Syncfusion license key in your Windows Forms application to use our components.
Adding from the installed location
The PdfViewerControl and dependent assemblies can be found from the below location in your machine.
system drive:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\126.96.36.199\precompiledassemblies\188.8.131.52\
Adding PdfViewerControl to an Application
Adding in designer
1) Open your form in the designer. Add the Syncfusion controls to your .NET toolbox in Visual Studio if you haven’t done so already (the install would have automatically done this unless you selected not to complete toolbox integration during installation).
2) Drag the PdfViewerControl from the toolbox onto the form.
Appearance and behavior related aspects of the PdfViewerControl can be controlled by setting the appropriate properties through the properties grid.
3) This will add the instance ‘pdfViewerControl1’ to the Designer cs file. The PDF can be loaded in the Form cs file using the Load method.
//Loading the document in the PdfViewerControl pdfViewerControl1.Load("Sample.pdf");
'Loading the document in the PdfViewerControl pdfViewerControl1.Load("Sample.pdf")
Adding manually in code
1) Add Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.PdfViewer namespace.
2) Create PdfViewerControl instance and load the PDF
//Initializing the PdfViewerControl PdfViewerControl pdfViewerControl1 = new PdfViewerControl(); //Loading the document in the PdfViewerControl pdfViewerControl1.Load("Sample.pdf"); //Add PdfViewerControl to the Form Controls.Add(pdfViewerControl1);
'Initializing the PdfViewerControl Dim pdfViewerControl1 As PdfViewerControl = New PdfViewerControl() 'Loading the document in the PdfViewerControl pdfViewerControl1.Load("Sample.pdf") 'Add PdfViewerControl to the Form Controls.Add(pdfViewerControl1)
Refer to Viewing PDF files for more information.
Appearance and Structure of the Control
The following screenshot depicts different sections of the PdfViewerControl.
- Open file
- Save document
- Print PDF
- Go to first page
- Go to previous page
- Page indicator
- Go to next page
- Go to last page
- Preset magnification
- Decrease magnification
- Increase magnification
- Fill window
- Fit page to window