WPF Ribbon Overview
Ribbon illustrates the implementation of Office UI with Ribbon items and Backstage. Also RibbonWindow has been implemented for giving a themed Office UI look and feel for the traditional window. Functionality of keyboard navigation, Tooltips and Key tips are provided for access to items present in the ribbon.
Components of Ribbon controls
- Ribbon Tabs and Items
- Backstage Button
- Quick Access Toolbar (QAT)
- Provides a ribbon window that overrides the default window and can set visual styles of ribbon window to different theme styles.
- The Ribbon control is available in both normal and simplified layout.
- QuickAccessToolbar provides placing of frequently used items.
- RibbonTab is available to add different Tabs like in Microsoft Outlook.
- RibbonBar is available to structure the layouts.
- Ribbon has a custom implementation of button control as RibbonButton.
- Can minimize / maximize the ribbon.
- Keyboard navigation made easy through KeyTips.
- RibbonStatusBar provides placing of StatusBar items.