Overview of PowerPoint Presentation
27 Jul 20221 minute to read
The PowerPoint framework is a feature rich .NET PowerPoint class library that can be used by developers to create, read, and write Microsoft PowerPoint files by using C#, VB.NET, and managed C++ code. The library can be used in Windows Forms, WPF, ASP.NET Web Forms, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Core, Blazor, UWP, Xamarin applications.
It is a non-UI component that provides a full-fledged PowerPoint presentation instance that facilitates accessing and manipulating the presentations without any dependency of Microsoft Office COM libraries and Microsoft Office.
- Support to create PowerPoint presentation from scratch.
- Open, modify, and save existing presentations.
- Ability to convert PowerPoint presentation to PDF.
- Ability to convert PowerPoint slides to images.
- Ability to create and edit charts.
- Ability to convert chart in a slide to image.
- Ability to clone and merge slides in presentation
- Ability to create and edit animations.
- Ability to create and edit transition effects.
- Ability to create and edit comments.
- Ability to encrypt and decrypt PowerPoint presentation.
- Ability to set and remove write protection of PowerPoint presentation.
- Ability to access the Built-in and Custom document properties.
- Ability to create and modify sections in PowerPoint presentation.
Compatible Microsoft PowerPoint Versions
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2007
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2010
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2016
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2019
- The current version of Essential Presentation supports the .PPTX, .PPTM, .POTX, .POTM file formats only.
- The current version of Essential Presentation does not support some features in Microsoft PowerPoint such as Word Art, creation and editing of Handouts, equations, create and edit audio and video content, built-in themes, and its variants.