WPF Autocomplete (SfTextBoxExt) Overview
TextBoxExt is an extended version of the TextBox control. Most of the functionality of TextBoxExt is inherited from the SfTextBox class.
- Auto Complete mode: The control provides suggestions to users based on a predefined collection while typing.
- Watermark: The control will prompt the users with some information when it is not in focus and contains an empty string.
- Suggestion modes: Suggestions can be filtered in 9 different modes like StartsWith, EndWith, Contains, Equals, and Custom. AutoComplete provides both case sensitive and insensitive modes.
- Popup delay & Minimum prefix characters - Filtering process can be delayed by providing the minimum character count, after which AutoComplete starts giving suggestions. Displaying the filtered suggestions through drop-down list can also be delayed for some time duration.
- Customization support: AutoComplete provides options to customize both the Entry and Suggestion drop-down.
- Diacritic Sense: The control provides populating the items from a language with letters containing diacritics, and search for them with English characters from an en-US keyboard.
- Highlighting Text: The control provides highlighting the matching text in the Suggestion list based on the input given in it.
- Custom filter: AutoComplete provides the users to filter the item in the Suggestion list based on their filtering condition.
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Thank you for your feedback and comments. We will rectify this as soon as possible!
An unknown error has occurred. Please try again.
Help us improve this page