WPF Autocomplete (SfTextBoxExt) Overview
4 May 20211 minute to read
- AutoComplete modes: The control provides the suggestions based on a predefined collection while typing.
- Watermark: The control will prompt some information when it is not in focus and contains an empty string.
- Filtering suggestion items: Suggestions can be filtered in 18 different modes like StartsWith, EndWith, Contains, Equals, and Custom. AutoComplete provides both the case-sensitive and insensitive modes.
- Popup delay: The filtering process can be delayed. Displaying filtered suggestions from a drop-down list may also be delayed for a period of time.
- Minimum prefix characters: Instead of displaying suggestion list on every character entry, matches can be filtered and displayed after a few character entries.
- Customization support: AutoComplete provides the options to customize both text box and drop-down list.
- Diacritic sense: The control provides the populating the items from a language with letters containing diacritics, and search for them with English characters from an en-US keyboard.
- Highlighting Text: The control provides the highlighting the matching text in the suggestion list based on the input given in it.
- Custom filter: AutoComplete provides filter the items in the suggestion list based on their filtering condition.
- Multi selection support: Selecting multiple items from a suggestion list.
- Suggestion box adjustment: Adjust the position of popup relative to the control.
- Enable auto size: Auto sizing can be enabled in AutoComplete control so that the control will extend its layout based on the tokens size in wrap mode.
- AutoComplete template: It can be used for own template.
- NoResults found template: Set the desire text, if the typing item does not exists in the collection.
- Retrieving the selection: Retrieve the selected item, index, and value.