WPF Autocomplete (SfTextBoxExt) Overview
TextBoxExt is an extended version of the TextBox control. Most of the functionality of TextBoxExt is inherited from the SfTextBox class.
- Auto Complete modes: The control provides the suggestions to users based on a predefined collection while typing.
- Watermark: The control will prompt the users with some information when it is not in focus and contains an empty string.
- Filtering suggestion items: Suggestions can be filtered in 18 different modes like StartsWith, EndWith, Contains, Equals, and Custom. AutoComplete provides the both case-sensitive and insensitive modes.
- Popup delay: The filtering process can be delayed. Displaying filtered suggestions from a drop-down list may also be delayed for a period of time.
- Minimum prefix characters: Instead of displaying suggestion list on every character entry, matches can be filtered and displayed after a few character entries.
- Customize Entry: AutoComplete provides the options to customize the Entry using the Font, FontSize, and FontFamily.
- Customize SuggestionBox: AutoComplete provides the options to customize the drop-down list.
- Diacritic Sense: The control provides the populating the items from a language with letters containing diacritics, and search for them with English characters from an en-US keyboard.
- Highlighting Text: The control provides the highlighting the matching text in the suggestion list based on the input given in it.
- Custom filter: AutoComplete provides the users to filter the item in the suggestion list based on their filtering condition.
- Multi Selection Support: Selecting multiple items from a suggestion list.
- SuggestionBox adjustment: Adjust the position of popup relative to the control.
- EnableAutoSize: AutoSizing can be enabled in AutoComplete control so that the control will extend its layout based on the token size.
- AutoComplete template: You can set our own template.
- NoResultsFoundTemplate: You can set the desire text, if the typing item does not exists in the collection.
- Retrieving the selection: You can retrieve the selected item, index, and value.
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Thank you for your feedback and comments. We will rectify this as soon as possible!
An unknown error has occurred. Please try again.
Help us improve this page