Overview of Word library (DocIO)
7 Jul 20201 minute to read
Essential DocIO is a native .NET Word library that is used by developers to create, read, write, and convert Microsoft Word documents by using C#, VB.NET, and managed C++ code from any of the following .NET platforms - Windows Forms, WPF, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Core, Blazor, Windows Store applications, and Xamarin applications.
It is a non-UI component that provides a full-fledged document instance model similar to the Microsoft Office COM libraries to iterate with the document elements explicitly and perform necessary manipulation. It is built from scratch in C# and does not require Microsoft Word to be installed in the machine. It supports Word 97-2003 and later version documents.
- Support to create Word document from scratch.
- Support to open, modify and save existing Word documents.
- Advanced Mail merge support with different data sources.
- Ability to create or edit Word 97-2003 and later version documents, and convert them to commonly used file formats such as RTF, WordML, TXT, HTML and vice versa.
- Ability to export a Word document as an Image, PDF file, and EPUB in high quality.
- Ability to create and manipulate charts, Shapes, and Group shape in DOCX and WordML format documents.
- Ability to read and write Built-In and Custom Document Properties.
- Ability to find and replace text with its original formatting.
- Ability to insert Bookmarks and navigate corresponding bookmarks to insert, replace, and delete content.
- Support to insert and edit the form fields.
- Support to protect the document to restrict access to the elements present within the document.
- Ability to encrypt and decrypt Word documents.
- Support to insert and extract OLE objects.
- Support to run the DocIO applications in multi-thread and its thread safe.
Compatible Microsoft Word Versions
- Microsoft Word 97-2003
- Microsoft Word 2007
- Microsoft Word 2010
- Microsoft Word 2013
- Microsoft Word 2016
- Microsoft Word 2019