24 May 20191 minute to read
The pivot client control for Essential ASP.NET Core provides support to bind both OLAP and relational data sources. You can visualize the results in graphical and tabular formats (chart and grid). The pivot client control is also used to create and edit a report on-the-fly that is stored for later use.
The key features of the pivot client control are as follows:
- Data source: Binds the pivot client control with relational data source and XML/A data sources.
- Axis element builder: Allows building an OLAP/Pivot report by placing elements in the different axes of the pivot client. There are four axes that are supported namely column, row, filters, and values.
- Member editor: Lists out the members of the selected field for relational data source and members of the selected hierarchy in a tree-view-like structure for OLAP data source.
- Toolbar: The toolbar of the pivot client component provide options for exporting and manipulating the OLAP/pivot report such as add report, new report, remove report, etc.
- Cube dimension browser: A tree-view-like structure that organizes the dimensions, measures, and named sets from the selected OLAP cube into independent logical groups.
- Field list: List which explores the fields available in the connected relational data source.
- Visualization controls: For a diagrammatic representation of the multidimensional data.