DataManager helps in managing relational data in the ASP.NET Core. Its rich features make querying data sources easier. The ODataClient supports OData queries that are enabled in the Web API & WCF data services.
DataManager supports different types of data binding such as:
- Web Services
Basically, all services that have JSON acts as a transport.
Some important features of the DataManager for ASP.NET Core are:
- DataManager - Communicates with data source and returns the desired result based on the Query provided.
- Query – DataManager has APIs to generate data query with ease.
- CRUD in individual requests and Batch – CRUD operations are fully supported. The options are enabled to commit the data as a single or multiple requests.
- Adaptors – Adaptors are specific dataSource type aware interfaces that are used by DataManager to communicate with DataSource. Three adaptors are created. They are, ODataAdaptor, JsonAdaptor and UrlAdaptor
- Model binding – Simple model binding is made by using the DataManager. You can directly bind Query result to HTML element.
- Calculate and maintain aggregates, sorting order and paging
In other words, the DataManager fully supports CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Destroy) data operations, and provides both client-side and server-side support for sorting, paging, filtering, grouping, and aggregates.