Release Notes v188.8.131.52
This section describes the release notes for the Syncfusion Report Designer version 184.108.40.206. It includes the newly added features, bug fixes done and how to upgrade the older version to the new version.
- #123615 - Provided support to browse the report from Syncfusion Report Server.
Refer the following list of bugs fixed in this version:
- #153550 - Loading Indicator will show immediately when click on preview in ReportDesigner.
- #153706 - Now, help button will navigate properly in Report Designer.
- #153706 - Now, Proper name has been given for Report Designer dialog boxes.
- #153586 - An exception has been cleared for ReportData Processor in Report Designer.
- #155555 - Now, Report Designer will show proper error message while loading incorrect schema version reports.
- #153931 - The save As Popup dialog will show properly when we move to new file creation.
- #153929 - The standard color palette will get close properly once click on more color button in Report Designer.
- #153706 - Now, Proper error message will show in ReportDesigner when open encrypted report.
Refer to the following steps to upgrade the Syncfusion Report Designer from an older version to this version:
Report Platform SDK
This section describes the release notes for the Report Platform SDK version 220.127.116.11. It includes the newly added features, bug fixes done.
- #117611, #138063, #146916 - Added support to Writing Mode for TextBox report item in ReportViewer.
- #146074, #146095, #153532 - Provided support to retain header visibility while scrolling the ReportViewer container.
- #156181, #156131 - Added support to RDL Schema 2016 for ReportViewer.
- #154093 - Added support to Today () expression in ReportViewer.
- #150526 - Provided localization support for inch and centimeter in page setup dialog of ReportViewer.
- #151533 - Added support to Top N operator for Chart Category in ReportViewer.
- #155658 - Now, the Tablix report item contents are rendered without overlapping.
- #137786 - An exception due to look up expression used in report has been cleared.
- #151544, #153576 - Now, the code modules working fine without getting assembly reference error in ReportViewer.
- #156701 - Now, Drilldown icons are rendering fine in Edge browser.
- #155480 - Drilldown working fine for Detail groups of Tablix.
- #154197 - Now, Group Sorting working fine for Tablix report item in ReportViewer.
- #153620 - The Null value properly showing in parameter combo box.
- #154393 - Now, the page number textbox automatically reset when we give the special characters.
- #151484 - An exception has been cleared for ReportViewer, when data source rendered as System.Data.DataRowView.
- #142957 - Now, Rectangle bottom border properly displaying in print layout.
- #154370 - Now, Rectangle properly displaying in Tablix report item corner cells of ReportViewer.
- #155169 - Tablix cell contents rendering fine without overlapping to another Tablix cells in ReportViewer.
- #153930 - The ReportViewer crash has been resolved when using incorrect values in page navigation input box.
- #154781 - Now, the sum expression is working properly with Tablix groups.
- #151484 - Now, the sum expression is working properly for float data type in ReportViewer.
- #154004, #155480 - The Tablix contents rendering fine without text overlapping when performing drilldown action in ReportViewer.
- #151253 - The additional spaces with textbox report item in ReportViewer has been cleared.
- #153931 - The disabled navigation buttons tooltip working fine in ReportViewer.
- #152770 - An exception due to group filters used in Tablix report item has been cleared.
The new ReportWriter has been added in Report Platform SDK to export the ReportServer report as document formats from application such as PDF, Word, Excel, HTML and PowerPoint. It includes two different platforms such as ASP.NET and ASP.NET MVC.
This section describes the release notes for the Syncfusion Report Server version 18.104.22.168. It includes the newly added features, bug fixes done and how to upgrade the older version to the new version.
- #149380 – Report Server can use
Oracledatabase as the underlying database.
- #154116 - Provided support to host Report Server as application under another website in IIS.
- #154297 - Provided support to use Report Server as Azure App Service.
- #146837 - Provided support for SMTP anonymous authentication in the Email Settings.
- #154653 - Provided an API to run Reports and export them in the specified format.
- Provided the support for
- Automatic user activation option has been added. If it is enabled, the users are not necessary to activate their account through mail.
- Schedule improvements - Shows both application Time Zone and customer’s Time Zone when a Report is scheduled so that it will be easier for the user to schedule at the right time.
- Login into the Report Server using username or email.
- Search improvements - Added clear button to clear the search text and reliability improvements.
- Now we can Launch the
Report Designerfrom the Report Server.
- Forgot password link expiration time has been set as 2 hours to avoid the account hacking.
- Now we have a password policy to make the application secure.
Refer to the following list of bugs fixed in this version:
- Fixed an issue where Data sources are not listed, if the
namehas maximum characters.
- Fixed an issue where Active Directory icons are hidden, if the
group nameexceeds the grid column.
- Category scroll bar does not work if the category list exceeds the screen height issue has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where
ReturnUrlwill lose the URL if the login attempts to fail.
- Fixed an issue where Login page waiting popup are not rendered properly in IE.
Refer to the following steps to upgrade the Syncfusion Report Server from an older version to this version:
Report Server updates the database schema of your current version to the new version.
For SQL databases, make sure you have a valid network connection to the database while upgrading to the new version.