Essential Studio for Xamarin.Forms Release Notes
In 2018 Volume 2 release, we had introduced a new feature for localizing the internal texts of our components from PCL/.NET Standard projects. In this approach, when the required culture is not available in the application level, “System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException” is thrown in debug mode when this particular exception is enabled under exception settings in Visual Studio. To avoid this, we have now added a new property of type ResourceManager to get the resource manager from the user instead of creating it our self. The user needs to maintain the resource files for the required cultures in the application and set this property if localization is needed for the application.
ChartResourceManager.Manager = new ResourceManager("GettingStarted.Resources.Syncfusion.SfChart.XForms", Application.Current.GetType().GetTypeInfo().Assembly);
- #205783, #F138587 - Added
- #209648 - Tab characters are preserved properly while converting a particular Word document as PDF.
- #204167, #209881 -
InvalidOperationExceptionwill be no longer thrown while converting a particular Word document as PDF.
- #204167, #209881 -
IndexOutOfRangeExceptionwill be no longer thrown while converting a particular Word document as PDF.
- #208660, #206994, #204167 -
ArgumentOutOfRangeExceptionwill be no longer thrown while converting a particular Word document as PDF.
- #208268 - Paragraph spacing is now preserved properly when replacing content in table cell for a particular Word document.
- #F138091 - Table header is now preserved properly while converting a particular Word document as PDF.
- #207657 - Word document will be no longer corrupted when inserting image in a particular Word document.
- #208020 - paragraph spacing is preserved properly while converting a particular Word document as PDF.
- #208046 - Multi column is now preserved properly in Word Perfect Office Viewer while resaving a particular Word document as RTF.
- #207861 - Word document will be no longer corrupted in Microsoft Word 2007 application while resaving a particular Word document.
- #207772 - Image position is now preserved properly while converting a particular Word document as PDF.
- #207653 - Text shading is now preserved properly while converting a particular Word document as PDF.
- #207619, #205309 - Table is now preserved properly while converting a particular Word document as PDF.
- #204167, #209881 - Performance has been improved while converting a particular Word document as PDF.
- #204167, #209881 -
StackOverflowExceptionwill be no longer thrown while converting a particular Word document as PDF.
- #205919 - Image size is now preserved properly while converting a particular Word document as RTF.
- #206868 - Bookmark hyperlink is now navigate properly while converting a particular Word document as PDF.
- #206703, #203618 - Word document will be no longer hangs while converting a particular Word document as PDF.
- #206993, #203639 -
NullReferenceExceptionwill be no longer thrown while converting a particular Word document as PDF.
- #206485 - Table splitting issue has been resolved while converting a particular Word document as PDF.
- #206496, #205904 - Content control content is now preserved properly while converting a particular Word document as PDF.
- #206202, #205099, #208898 - List number is now preserved properly while converting a particular Word document as PDF.
- #205329, #209408, #203051 - Word document will be no longer hangs while updating document fields in a particular Word document.
- #205631, #205309 - Text wrapping issue has been resolved while converting a particular Word document as PDF.
- #205633 -
NullReferenceExceptionwill be no longer thrown while parsing a particular Word document.
- #205309 - Table cell text preservation issue has been resolved while converting a particular Word document as PDF.
- #205309 - Table position issue has been resolved while converting a particular Word document as PDF.
- #205250 -
InvalidOperationExceptionwill be no longer thrown while parsing a particular RTF format document.
- #205188 -
StackOverflowExceptionwill be no longer thrown while updating document fields in a particular Word document.
- #202856 - TOC preservation issue has been resolved while converting a particular Word document as HTML.
- #204774 -
NullReferenceExceptionwill be no longer thrown while deleting bookmark content in a particular Word document.
- #204774 - Bookmark content is now deleted properly in a particular Word document.
- #204542 - TextBox is now preserved properly while converting a particular Word document as PDF.
- #204342 - Paragraph spacing is now preserved properly while converting a particular Word document as PDF.
- #202253 -
OutOfMemoryExceptionwill be no longer thrown while parsing a particular Word document.
- #180963, #193566 - Font preservation issue has been resolved while converting a particular Word document as PDF.
- #208059 -
MAXfield is now properly skipped from updating error result while updating fields in a particular Word document.
- #209067 - XML files are now importing properly as form fields.
- #209067 - Drop-down form fields are now exporting properly as XML files.
- #209809 - “Unable to decrypt document without ID” exception will no longer occur when decrypting the PDF documents.
- #209809 - “Catalog is not present” exception will no longer occur when loading the PDF documents.
- #209809,207003 - “Password is incorrect exception” will no longer occur when loading the PDF documents.
- #205727,199398 - URI value from
PdfLoadedUriAnnotationis now retrieving properly from the PDF document.
- #205636 - “Index out of range exception” will no longer occur when loading the PDF documents.
- #206504 - Imported document size is not increased if the source document contains hyperlinks.
- #204160 - Content is now preserving properly when adding large text to a
PdfGridcell in landscape page.
- #206944 - PDF signature appearance is updating properly when using appearance graphics.
- #209484 - “Null reference exception” will no longer occur when accessing layer of the PDF document.
- #204266 - Incorrect layer behavior and syntax issues in Preflight when creating layers in the PDF document are now fixed.
- #207003 - “Index and length must refer to a location within the string” exception will no longer occur when loading the PDF documents.
- #206043 - The blank page will no longer be created when rotating the PDF documents.
- #205034 - Preservation issues will no longer occur when adding layers with overlay to PDF documents.
- #208125 - “Argument Out Of Range exception” will no longer occur when importing pages from the PDF documents.
- #206826 - All the form fields are now preserving properly when merging the PDF documents.
- #206864,209809 - Hanging issues will no longer occur when importing pages form the PDF documents.
- #208472 - PDF document corruption issue will no longer occur when merging the PDF documents.
- #209467 - “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” exception will no longer occur when loading the PDF document.
- #206344 - Text box fields are now preserving properly when flattening the PDF document.
- #207010,206810 - Null reference exception will no longer occur when appending the PDF documents.
- #204640 - “Can’t convert to rectangle” exception will no longer occur when flattening the PDF documents.
- #205502 - Application will no longer hang while re-saving the PowerPoint presentation.
- #210244: Now, binding autocomplete text with entry and clear the SelectedItem after saving the value it gets cleared in iOS
- #209824: Now, selected item is bound to the item correctly in autocomplete.
DisplayMemberPathproperty is working with inherited class in UWP.
- #209261: SelectedItem is getting null when clear button tapped and also SelectionChanged is fired.
- #138016: Token width is set correctly when
FontSizeis given in autocomplete.
- #137975, 138033, 207704: Selected item value gets cleared while clear the textbox value
- #206824: SelectedItem has added correctly in multi-selection when adding dynamically
- #137912: SelectedItem is working correctly when setting initially.
- #207146: Exception is cleared when setting SelectedItem that is given which is not in the Datasource
PopupDelaynot working when
ValueChangedevent called once when using
- #196990, 198865, 203090, 207146: Exception cleared when set the SelectedItem while
DataSourceis null in Android
- #206904: Exception is cleared when dispose the busy indicator page in Android
- #209824: BusyIndicator box works correctly if device goes to sleep and wakes back up on android
- #209330: Selected dates will work by considering min and max dates. If the date is not in range, selection will not be processed.
- #209335: The
ArgumentOutOfBoundExceptionhas been resolved when the first date of month is Sunday in local machine.
- #209009: Dates will be rendered correctly when navigating among the views continuously.
- #191495: The
NullReferenceExceptionhas been resolved by using the
SelectRangeproperty in SfCalendar(iOS).
- #137626: Inline opening can be disabled by using the
- #208279, 137781: The
MoveToDateproperty is working fine by using the
- #210170, 210461, 210766: Calendar dates will be rendered correctly when setting the minimum and maximum dates and swiping continuously among the views in MonthView.
- #208720: Month view dates will not be changed based on the culture. Headers will be localized based on calendar specification.
- #207424: Now, improved the BlackoutDates rendering performance of SfCalendar.
- #210000: Swipe gesture is recognized when SfCarousel is nested in scroll view in Xamarin.Forms iOS
Offsetproperty is working properly in SfCarousel
#205789 – The
InvalidArgumentExceptionwill no longer be thrown when double tapping the range series in chart.
#208922 – Custom colors will be applied properly in UWP platform.
#209985 – The legend items label will be updated at run time in UWP platform.
#207204, 208178 – The issue with horizontal panning stops working after panning to the leftmost edge has been fixed in iOS platform.
#206590 – The issue with improper position of axis labels when the
LabelsIntersectionActionproperty is set to
MultipleRowsin iOS platform has been fixed.
#209638 – The
IllegalArgumentExceptionwill no longer be thrown when zooming column series with gradient color in Android 8.0 version.
ViewAnnotationwill be clipped properly when zooming the chart with coordinate axis.
- # 137785 – The Pointer’s
Valueproperty updates properly when dragging the pointer.
- #209983: Assigning null to the ComboBoxSource it works correctly when we click the down-arrow in UWP
- #209894: Binding the selected item property in SfCombobox is working correctly in Xamarin.Forms iOS
- #138552: Font customization for label using the
DataFormLayoutManageris working properly (UWP).
- #209612: The null value will be considered in DateTime picker (UWP).
- #138593: The data form items will be arranged properly when adding in
ScrollViewand the label position as top.
- #209885: Label in the DataForm will be generated properly when setting the
FastRendererflag in activity (Android).
- #209555: The DataForm will be displayed properly when returning null value in the ToString override method of
- #208902: The
NullReferenceExceptionwill no longer be thrown in the custom editor when changing the added DataObject at runtime.
- #138099: The
TextChangedevent of Xamarin.Forms entry is fired while using DataFormTextEditor.
- #209893, F138889: Null reference exception thrown when applying selection with row header and custom
GridSelectionController. This issue has been fixed.
- #209928: Row in the selected position in the view does not get selected after sorting. This issue has been fixed.
- #200012: Row dragging does not work for the second time in Lenovo and Yoga tablet in the UWP platform. This issue has been fixed.
- #208993, 209757, 210440: Space key is not working in the editor control loaded inside the
GridTemplateColumn. This issue has been fixed.
- #208350: Columns will blink and disappear for a moment before the data has been loaded when changing the
SfDataGrid.ItemsSourceat runtime. This issue has been fixed.
- #210435: Tab key does not respond after entering edit mode in macOS platform. This issue has been fixed.
TableSummaryRowtext is not aligned based on the corresponding
GridColumn’s text alignment. This issue has been fixed.
- #206055: Text in the
TableSummaryRowis not rendered when added at runtime with
LoadUIViewfor setting the corresponding column to
false. This issue has been fixed.
- #197488: Height of the data grid is not updated when navigating between pages while using inside
MasterDetailPage. This issue has been fixed.
- #207318: Row height does not updated when calling the
SfDataGrid.QueryRowHeightsmethod at runtime. This issue has been fixed.
- #207629: Long press is not working in the
SfNumericUpDowncontrol when hosted inside
GridTemplateColumnin the iOS platform. This issue has been fixed.
- #204903, 206174: Support to size a column based on the column header text has been provided.
- #210231: Auto-fitting row height support when exporting the grid rows to PDF format has been provided.
GridDoubleTappedcommand support for double tapping action in the grid has been provided.
- #206048: The
ItemsSourceChangedevent to notify the changes in
SfDataGrid.ItemsSourcesupport has been provided.
- #206795 - Provided support for changing the visibility of context menu.
- #208649 - SelectedItems list , BringToFront and SendToBack will properly work before Diagram render while calling this on initialize.
- #206015 - Content object in node will clone When copying or the node is dragged and dropped from stencil.
- #207332 - Node’s color can be changed when it contains template.
- #205700 - Diagram clear, drag and drop node with template from stencil will work properly.
- #206806 - Now, the API “Select()” method for connector works properly.
- #206482 - Now, the API “BringToFront()” method works properly with user handle.
- #206592 – Now, user handle content can resize at run time.
#208812,#209021 - Now, footer toolbar items will render correctly in UWP.
#206284 - Now, path will be drawn with selected color from custom color palette in UWP.
#206794 - Now, the default aspect ratio for cropping is decided based on the first toolbar item in the aspect ratio toolbar.
- # 137575 – Linear gauge
Scalewill display its maximum value according to the value specified in the
- #205627: ListView will display the items as expected, when binding the List
with duplicate values.
- #208283: Scrolling will work properly when setting the item size greater than view size.
- #206862: Exception will no longer be thrown when collapsing the group in multilevel grouping.
- #209376, 199386, 203771, 209157, 210268, 209544, 210953, and 210386: Exception will no longer be thrown from
ExtendedScrollViewRendererin latest Xamarin.Forms v3.1.
- #209380: Scrolling with fling is working properly in UWP platform.
- #209379: Scrolling will properly work when performing panning in UWP platform.
- #207660: Scroll offset will be maintained when navigating between pages after scrolling and returning to the previous page in iOS and Android platforms.
- #138038: ListView items will automatically consider the margin and padding of an element in the
ItemTemplate, if the
AutoFitModeis set as
- #208776: Header, footer, and group header size will be changed properly when changing at runtime through binding.
- #210183: Exception will no longer be thrown when deleting an item from the last group.
- #209268: Group header size will be updated properly when setting the
Heightif the group header is sticky.
- #138653: Item size will be updated properly when changing it in the
- #204210: ListView will render properly when a
Gridis hosting inside with
# 138729 – The
MarkerSelectedevent will not be invoked twice in Xamarin.Forms for iOS.
# 138729 – The
Markersposition will not change when Selecting/Deselecting the marker.
# 206627 – The NullReference exception will no longer be thrown when Selecting/Deselecting the map shape.
- #209620: Now,
FontSizeis updated properly when value is set to the
Valueproperty in Android platform.
- #210320: Now,
Valueis returned properly if any key is entered.
- #208997: NavigationDrawer works correctly when scrolled by mouse in UWP
- #209481: Footer view will not be visible when the drawer footer view is not provided in Xamarin.Forms android.
- #198957: Size is properly updated in SfNavigationDrawer while loading
- #204705: SfChart binding works correctly when it added as Content view of SfNavigationDrawer
- #209328: The
System.InvalidCastExceptionwill no longer be thrown when pressing the done button inside
GridNumericColumnin Android platform.
- #206622, #F137769, #209152: Now, the
MaximumDecimalDigitsproperty is updated properly when
SfNumericTextBoxis defined inside the
SfListViewcontrol in UWP platform.
- #207736: Now, the
Valueproperty is updated properly in UWP platform.
- #208038: Now, the decimal separator is displayed properly based on the
- #206622: The
NumberFormatExceptionwill no longer be thrown when entering negative symbol and decimal separator in Android platform.
- #208179, #208995: User inputs have been restricted only to numbers with decimal separator and negative symbol.
- #208038: Now, the decimal separator is entered properly for different cultures in iOS platform.
- #206622: Now, the decimal separator and negative sign are entered properly for different cultures.
- #208869: The
FormatExceptionwill no longer be thrown when the
MaximumNumberDecimalDigitsis set to zero in UWP platform.
- #206030: The
NullReferenceExceptionwill no longer be thrown when the
Cultureproperty is set to Hebrew in Android platform.
- #205866: Now, text is displayed properly when the device language and region are set to Italy in iOS platform.
- #202722: Custom number FormatString has been added like UWP platform.
- #138500: Now,
Valueproperty is updated correctly in
ValueChangedevent of NumericUpDown
- #209318: SfNumericUpDown works correctly when used inside SfListView
- #208331: NumericUpdown works correctly when set the Minimum value and Allow null is true
- #208896 -
System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceExceptionwill no longer be thrown when enabling the
Common Language Runtime Exceptionsfrom exception settings.
- #207135 - Content in the PDF document is now displayed properly.
- #209019 - Built-in toolbar in
SfPdfViewercontrol is now clickable if we use it in
- #206990 -
ObjectDisposedExceptionwill no longer occur when navigating between XAML pages in Xamarin.Forms iOS.
- #192596, #198034, #196026 - Content will not disappear anymore when the
UIAlertViewControllerappears over the
- #210318: Now, using await while declaring datasource in the picker, item is shown inside picker in Android
- #206051: Now, using picker inside pop up page SelectedItem is set correctly in iOS
- #206051, 206077: Selected text color is set correctly for the selected item initially when SfPicker gets loaded
- #209748: SfPicker works correctly when dynamically adding ObservableCollection
- #209629: SfPicker appears in dialog mode on modal dialog Called by
- #206979: Picker works correctly when changing the day and month.
- #208189: Value updated correctly on
SelectionChangedevent in SfPicker
- #137777: Picker layout sets correctly while using picker mode as dialog
- #207762: SfPicker appear with label GestureRecognizers tapped event on iOS
OKButtonare accessible in custom renderer
- #206979: Alignment of Datetime picker in SfPicker is properly updated
- #206782: Spacing is updated correctly while launching SfPicker in UWP
- #204558: Picker works correctly while clicking the cancel button
- #205229: SfPicker renders properly in iOS on dialog mode
- #208683: SfPicker shows over the views when opens in dialog mode.
System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceExceptionoccurs while showing the pop-up if C# exception setting is enabled. This issue has been fixed.
- #209806: Text hidden at the left corner when animating downwards in the on-board help pop-up in the
OnBoard HelpsSampleBrowser sample. This issue has been fixed.
- #210558, F136759: Exception occurs if switching
MergedDictionarieswith Xamarin.Forms.188.8.131.527436 version when using pop-up on the fly approach. This issue has been fixed.
- #F138796: Null reference exception occurs in UWP platform when customizing the Close button in the header. This issue has been fixed.
- #F138796: Custom view hosted inside the
SfPopupLayout.PopupView.FooterTemplateis overlapping the bottom border of the footer. This issue has been fixed.
- #206404: When navigating to a new page with pop-up being open, the pop-up will also appear in the new page. This issue has been fixed.
- #207041, F137720: Support for changing the height and width of the
SfPopupLayout.PopupViewat runtime has been provided.
- #138144: Now,
CenterButtonBackViewproperty in SfRadialMenu is working correctly.
- #210514: Now, the
FontSizeproperty supports the
- #206186, 137686: Now,
Maximumvalue is set as 0, range slider works correctly in iOS.
- #205894: In range slider Knob looks clearly in Xamarin.Forms iOS.
- #207537: In SfRotator,
SelectedIndexChangedEventArgsis inherited from the EventArgs.
- #210106, #210734: Label text in the appointment custom view is displayed properly (UWP).
- #209808: The correct selected date value will be obtained in the
SelectedDateproperty when tapping the month cell (Android).
- #138371: The
InvalidOperationExceptionis no longer thrown and the dragged appointment details is obtained when moving the appointment from one view to other view, and changing the appointment collection in the
- #209503: The
No selected datetext in the Agenda view is now localized.
- #209923: Now, Tab view works correctly when navigate page from second page to first page
- #210004: Tab view content is updated correctly while change BindingContext value dynamically
- #I209088,210102, 210369: TabView works correctly when reordering the Navigation stack from a page with SfTabView
- #208172: Tab view works correctly while back to root using
- #138017: Keyboard appears when on focus in tab view
- #208172: Now, we can swipe fast to navigate to next sample in Sample browser.
- #209721, #209736, #210574, #209735, #210213 - Fixed the Configuration Wizard issue while creating the Xamarin Project Template in Visual Studio 2017 v15.7.4 and later.
- #209721 - Fixed the Syncfusion.Xamarin.Buttons NuGet typo mistake in Xamarin Project Template.
- #209729 - Null reference exception thrown while adding marker variable with copy style argument is resolved.
- #209443 - Null reference exception thrown while copying empty worksheet range is resolved.
- #209443 - Shape is not copied properly to another range while clearing range is fixed.
- #208554 - Application exception ambiguity conflict between Microsoft Common Object Runtime Library. and Syncfusion.Compression NuGet package is resolved.
- #207203 – Random exceptions on accessing
RTFTextproperty multiple times is resolved.
- #208141 - Exception thrown while converting chart with range collection is resolved.
- #208122 - Exception thrown while opening a file with empty RTF text is resolved.
- #207732 - Argument exception thrown while opening a workbook of strict XML type is resolved.
- #207940 - Null reference exception raised while invoking auto fit columns on cells containing formulas is resolved.
- #207176, #210642 - Issue with conditional formats on a newly created worksheet is fixed.
- #207151 - Exception is no longer thrown while saving the workbook created using
- #206271 - Corruption issue while resaving the file with query table is resolved.
- #206070 - Formats are preserved correctly while saving XML file as XLSX.
- #205858 - Table formula with column name in dimension format can be set properly.
- #204815 - Exception raised while opening Excel file having the style count greater than maximum unique styles is fixed.
- #204483 - XML exception raised while opening a binary file with duplicate schema is resolved.
- #204511 -
FindAll()returns expected value when
ExcelFindOptionsis not provided.
- #204932 - Exception raised while setting
Fillproperty for un-supported chart types on opening Excel file is resolved.
- #204742 - Data connection parameters tag is now serialized while resaving the Excel file.
- #204130, #204484 - Exception thrown while parsing hyperlink in merged cells is resolved.
- #203365 - Conditional formats are properly copied while add copying the worksheet.
- #203557 - File corruption issue while generating worksheet from data table is resolved.
- #203396 - File corruption while removing comments with picture from worksheet is resolved.
- #202487 - Exception is no longer raised while parsing invalid reference to chart series name.
- #204134 - Incorrect chart name retrieved for binary file is fixed.
- #207784 - Exception raised while copying custom functions to a different workbook is resolved.
- #205835 - Exception raised while cloning the workbook with conditional formats is resolved.
- Exception will no longer be thrown while applying template marker using IWorksheet.Workbook property
- Auto filter issue while setting IconSet conditional formatting with NoIcon is resolved