Essential Studio for Xamarin.Forms Release Notes
In our previous releases, following permissions have been enabled in some of our controls by default. Now, these permissions have been removed from our assemblies as it is intended to be added in your application as needed.
Hence, you need to add Android.Manifest.Permission.WriteExternalStorage permission explicitly in your application, if you have used following features in our controls.
- SfDataGrid - Exporting to Excel and PDF feature needs WriteExternalStorage permission to save the file.
- SfChart - SaveAsImage feature needs WriteExternalStorage permission to save the image.
- SfImageEditor - needs WriteExternalStorage permission to save the edited image.
WordDocument.Background.Typeproperty will not return the value
NoBackground, if show background in print layout view option is disabled and valid background is defined. In this case make use of new property
WordDocument.Settings.DisplayBackgroundsto check whether show background in print layout view option is enabled or disabled.
- #184513 - Formula fields are updated properly while calling UpdateDocumentFields() method.
- #183656 -
NullReferenceExceptionwill no longer thrown while closing a particular Word document.
- #183819 -
NullReferenceExceptionwill no longer thrown while setting WMergeField.FieldName property.
- #184348 -
NullReferenceExceptionwill no longer thrown while parsing Word document which contains shapes.
- #183627 - Document background color is preserved properly while resaving a particular Word document.
- #182050 - Page orientation will be preserved properly while resaving a particular Word document.
- #185884 - Empty page is not created, when merging particular PDF document.
- #185722 - PDF document with Adobe flash is now merging properly.
- #182001 - Form fields are not duplicated, when load and save the PDF document.
- #185460 - Attachment collection is not empty, when loading a particular PDF document.
- #185098 - Exception no longer occurs when merging particular PDF document.
- #184712 - The document keywords are not duplicated when using commas along with keyword.
- #184488 - Null reference exception no longer occurs when signing existing PDF document.
- #183595 -
ArgumentOutOfRangeexception is no longer occurs when importing pages from a particular PDF document.
- #182438 - Named destinations are now preserving properly, when adding to the existing PDF document.
- #182417 - Annotation are now removing properly from
- Signature fields are not duplicating when loading and saving the signed PDF.
- Form fields are not empty when loading and saving the PDF document.
PopUpannotation is preserving properly after flattening.
- #184967 -
ArgumentOutOfRangeExceptionwill not be thrown while cloning a PowerPoint slide with pie chart.
- #182963 -
Fontclass will now return the correct value.
- #185237 - The shape name will be preserved like Microsoft PowerPoint, while creating new slide from an existing layout slide.
- #185236 - The shapes in the footer will be preserved properly while creating new slide from an existing layout slide.
- #184440 -
ClearValuemethod will clear the
- #182955 -
SfAutoCompleteworks correctly when entering the random online data.
- #183103,#184383,#184227- Entering the text dynamically will be shown in SfAutoComplete.
- #181959 - Swiping of SfCalendar has been worked fine after setting Today’s date as
- #184266 - Empty view issue with
YearViewmode has been resolved in Android.
- #131793 - Now,
StackOverFlowexception is no longer thrown while rotating the calendar control on Android version 4.2.
#185509 - Now, the axes labels will render properly even after zooming when Minimum and Maximum properties are set explicitly.
#185450 - Now, the data marker will render properly in
PieSerieswhile using smart labels.
#185696 – Issue with truncating percentage in data marker label has been fixed in
#185542 - Now, the data marker labels for
RangeColumnSerieswill render properly.
#185660 - The issue with
ChartAxisticks position has been fixed.
#184523 – Now, the exception “Can’t access disposed object” will no longer be thrown.
#185571, #185619 – Now, the
ChartSeries.IsVisibleproperty will change dynamically when the series visibility is changed using
StackingColumnSerieswill no longer throw System.InvalidCastException.
- #184837, #184921 - Improved the
ScatterSeriesperformance while zooming and panning.
# 184907 - Now minor ticks will render properly with default value for offset.
# 185851 - Now circular gauge will not throw null exception when it is used inside the relative layout in Xamarin.Forms iOS.
# 185061 - Now range pointer will render properly with default value for offset.
# 183743 - Now circular gauge will render properly in release mode with Linking option enabled.
- #178946, 179865, 181576 - Pull-to-refresh action is now smooth in both touch and mouse for Xamarin.Forms.UWP.
- #185872 - Edit element border is now not shown when editing the
GridTextColumnwith padding as 2.
- #185448 - SfDataGrid now does not retain the old selection when setting
- #185180, F131966 - Application now does not crash when changing the ItemsSource after updating
- #184737 -
CultureInfois now applied for the GridColumns based on
- #182119 - Application now does not crash while adding SfDataGrid in runtime with
- #184285 -
SelectAllis now working properly in Xamarin.Forms.iOS platform.
- #178946, 182809 - Refresh spinner now automatically hides when
SfDataGrid.IsBusyis false in Xamarin.Forms.iOS.
- 184747 - Record style is now applied when exporting to excel.
- 184331 - Selection and Editing now works properly with custom
- 183032 -
SfDataGrid.ScrollToColumnIndexis now working in consideration with
RowHeaderand frozen columns.
- #185137 - Support for programmatically updating the updating the
GridUnboundColumnhas been provided.
- #180308 - Loading and scrolling performance for
GridTemplateColumnhas been improved.
- #F130876 -
OldValueof the edited cell has been provided in the
- The below APIs are marked as obsolete and alternate APIs has been provided. Refer the below table for the obsolete APIs and new APIs.
|S.No.||APIs marked as Obsolete||New APIs|
- #183743 - Now digital gauge will render properly in release mode with Linking option enabled.
- # I85256 - Now image will be saved with its actual size in Image Editor Android.
- #183743 - Now linear gauge will render properly in release mode with Linking option enabled.
- #184592 - Tab navigation now working properly on swiping action when horizontal list view is loaded in
- #185683 - List view items are now layout properly when device orientation is changed after scrolled to end.
DrawerContentViewdisplayed correctly for the first time.
- #185905 -
SfNumericTextBoxwill consistently get updated when using DataBinding.
- #185823 - Now,
MaximumNumberDecimalDigitis working fine.
- #185309 - Now, binding on
Valueproperty works correctly.
- Support to provide
Return keyin SfNumericTextBox.
- #132035 - Now, binding works correctly.
SpinButtonperforms the increment and decrement operations correctly.
- Support to provide
Return keyin SfNumericTextBox.
- #183743 -
SfPdfViewercontrol will no longer throw exception while deploying the application when
Linker behavioroption is set to
Link all assemblies.
- #185068 - Now, SelectionChanged event fired at initial in iOS.
- #185068 - Binding issue with
SelectedItemproperty has been resolved in Android.
- #179676 - Application no longer crashes while customizing the
SfPullToRefresh.PullingThersholdis marked as obsolete. Use the new property
SfPullToRefresh.PullingThresholdfor the same purpose.
- #183451 - Now, Rotator’s first image has been rendered properly in UWP.
- #185904 - Now,
MonthViewCellStyleproperties are working properly in Xamarin.Forms(Android).
- #185414 - Now, Appointments in the view are cleared properly when clear the
ScheduleAppointmentCollectionin Xamarin.Forms(Android and iOS).
- #185409 - Now,
VisibleDatesChangedevent will be triggered properly when change the
ScheduleViewdynamically in Xamarin.Forms(Android).
- #185425 - Now,
VisibleDatesChangedevent will be triggered properly when navigate to a specific date in Xamarin.Forms(Android).
- #185590 - Now, Appointment indicators in month view are displayed properly in Lollipop version also in Xamarin.Forms(Android).
- #180334,#175935 - Now, Appointments will be intersected properly when multiple appointments are sharing the same time periods in day, week and work week views.
- Spanning of appointment will be displayed in separate panel when an appointment start and end in different dates.
- Current date and day color can be customized in view header of the schedule(day, week and work week views).
- #186142 –
EmptyPointValuewill work properly in Android and iOS platforms while giving Double.NaN for data point values.
- #185530, 185561 - Exposed an API
Nameto get OLE object name in
- #182915 - Issue with borders being cleared while merging cells is fixed.
- #183016 - Issue with cell text casing while setting number format is fixed.
- #183332 - Issue with conditional format is not preserved which has formula as another worksheet range, is fixed.
- #183361 - Marker color gets changed on resave is fixed.
- #183369 - Exception is no longer thrown on assigning the scatter chart category axis properties.
- #183445 - Exception is no longer thrown while inserting rows in XLS format file.
- #183738 - Performance issue while opening Excel file with multiple charts is fixed.
- #183799 - Issue while setting print title rows for binary files is fixed.
- #183807 -
CopyTo()method is not working properly after applying AutoFilters is fixed.
- #184328 - Exception is no longer thrown while applying data validation through
- #184407 - Index out of range exception is thrown while setting RTF text is resolved.
- #184407 - Key not found exception is thrown while setting RTF text is resolved.
- #184540 - Binary Excel file gets corrupted while copying range with conditional formats is fixed.
- #184569 - Cell value with comma character is changed while saving in CSV format is fixed.
- #184894 - Exception is no longer thrown while adding
- #185139 - Argument exception is no longer thrown while coping worksheet with EMF images.
- #185527 - Application hanging issue while opening the Excel file with table is resolved.
- #184160 - Issue with incorrect margin values on resave is fixed.
- Sorting (descending order) is not working properly when filtering a column is fixed.
- Issue with copy and paste of formatted cells is fixed.
- Issue with
IsBestFitproperty while accessing the
SetColumnWithPixesmethod is fixed.
- Stack overflow exception is no longer thrown while accessing
- Argument exception is no longer thrown while copying one range to another range with styles.
- Argument exception is no longer thrown when sorting filtered numbers in descending order.
- The old and new cell values are validated on copy/paste through
- AutoFit is now proper when text in the input file contains line feed and wrap text is set to false.
- Performance issue in filtering when sheet has comments is fixed.
- Exception is no longer thrown when coping the defined names between different workbooks.
- Exception is no longer throw when cloning shape during
- Exception is no longer thrown while accessing table range using formula token.
- Calculated column formula is not updated during
- Null reference exception is no longer thrown while serializing conditional formats during
- Issue with