Essential Studio for Xamarin.Forms Release Notes
#182505, #182976 - The issue with font family in axis title has been fixed.
#181609 - Now, the axis labels render the multiple line texts properly.
#183740 - Now, the chart tooltip template is rendering properly even in Xamarin.Forms latest pre-release versions.
#181662 - The data marker template is rendering properly in
#183237 - The
RangeAreaSerieswill no longer throw NullReferenceException when using trackball.
#177627 - Now, the
DateTimeAxislabels will not shift while panning the chart.
#176899 - Exposed a property called
ShowTrackballInfoin ChartSeries to control its trackball label visibility.
#179613 - Performance for
StackingAreaSerieshas been improved while scrolling the Chart in ScrollView.
- Due to internal architecture change, now, it is not required to add
Syncfusion.SfChart.iOS.dllassemblies to your platform specific projects such as Android and iOS in Xamarin.Forms respectively. Hence, you need to remove these two assemblies from your platform specific projects.
- Due to internal architecture change,
ChartSeries.DataPointValueChangedevents will no longer be raised for performance reasons and these events will be removed in our upcoming release. Instead, you can use the
CollectionChangedevent of your data source and
PropertyChangedevent of your data model respectively.
- #177630 - Added support to insert and preserve SVG element in DOCX to DOCX conversion.
- #178264 - Added support to apply multiple
Paragraph Stylein a single Paragraph while creating a Word document using DocIO.
- #94498, #116546, #135202, #168877, #177412, #179488, #180451, #167448, #174699, #128339, #132232, #147998, #172223 - Added support to create and modify the content control in Word documents and map custom XML parts to content control.
- The property
SvgDatawas added to the
- The property
EnableStyleSeparatorwas added to the
- An overload method
AppendPicturewas added to the
- #175961, #179927, #180418 - Image missing issue has been resolved while performing Mail merge.
- #178271 - Extra page preservation issue has been resolved while loading a particular RTF format document.
- #176369 - Doughnut chart title value retrieved properly while saving a particular Word document.
- #177890 - Changing the color of a bar chart series is not applied for negative bar series values.
- #177890 - No longer hangs while opening a Word document which contains chart.
- #176984 - Formula field results are preserved properly while bookmark has a special character.
- #177064 - List number preservation issue has been resolved while saving a particular RTF format document.
- #177586 -
StackOverflowExceptionwill be no longer thrown while loading a particular RTF format document.
- #176708 -
KeyNotFoundExceptionwill be no longer thrown while loading a particular DOCX format document.
- #179085 - Merge field values are preserved properly while performing Mail merge for a particular Word document using
- #179006 - Underline and Strikethrough is now preserved properly while appending particular HTML file in a Word document.
- #177295 - Text retrieved properly from
WTextFormFieldinstance for a particular Word document.
- #177679 -
NullReferenceExceptionwill be no longer thrown while performing Mail merge using empty data table.
- #165843, #178727 - List number preservation issue has been resolved while importing a particular Word document.
- #177295 -
!Syntax Erroris now resolved for
SUM(ABOVE)field, while updating fields in Word document.
- #176369 -
ArgumentOutOfRangeExceptionwill be no longer thrown while saving a Word document which contains chart.
- #171046 -
MathMLelement is now preserved properly in DOCX to DOCX conversion.
- #177380 -
System.TypeInitializationExceptionwill be no longer thrown while creating a Word document with chart.
- #180409 - Field results are preserved properly while performing Mail merge.
- #180588 - German culture texts are preserved properly while importing and exporting a HTML document.
- #180115 - List number is preserved properly while loading a RTF document.
- #181317, #180770 -
NullReferenceExceptionwill be no longer thrown while resaving a Word document.
- #181263 - Shape missing issue has been resolved while resaving a Word document.
- #181811 - Bullet characters are preserved properly while resaving a particular RTF document.
- #181118 -
InvalidOperationExceptionwill be no longer thrown while getting bookmark contents.
- #181409 - Chart series color preserved properly while resaving a Word document which contains chart.
- #181263 - Shape preservation issue has been resolved while resaving a particular Word document.
- #182249 -
MERGESEQnumber is preserved properly while performing Mail merge.
- #180769 - Target file missing issue has been resolved while resaving a particular Word document.
- #180769 - Update mode of OLE linked Excel worksheet is preserved properly while resaving a Word document.
- Added NuGet support for SfPicker, SfDataForm and SfRadialMenu controls.
Removed Syncfusion.SfChart.Android, Syncfusion.SfChart.iOS assemblies from Syncfusion.Xamarin.SfChart Xamarin.Forms NuGet package.
- Added the support for digital signature.
- Added the tagged PDF support with USDA 508 complaint.
- Earlier, the
PdfLightTablecolumn width will not work as expected, as a result column widths are equally shared. Now this behavior is fixed, the specified width will be allocated for the columns.
- The property
Appearenceis marked as deprecated, please use
PdfGridheader is now preserving properly when enable the
- #178247 - Internal stream of
PdfLoadedDocumentis now closing properly when calling the dispose method.
- #177646 - Unexpected token exception is no longer thrown while loading particular PDF document.
- #178830 -
ArgumentOutOfRangeExceptionis no longer thrown when accessing
PdfDocumentInformationproperty in the particular PDF document.
- #182338 -
args.Skipwill be working fine while PDF Grid row split across two pages.
- #182896 -
PdfLightTablecolumns will be preserve properly with manual width.
- #180121 - The Barcode has been rendering properly while giving ISO-8859-2 and ISO-8859-5 characters.
- #179390 -
PdfLightTableheader will get draw only once when we set
ShowHeadervalue is true.
- #182001 -
NullReferenceExceptionno longer occurs when accessing the appearance of the signature in
- #178963,#181653,#182856 - Cannot access a closed stream object exception is no longer thrown while loading a PDF document.
- #179731 - Annotations are now preserving properly while rotating the flattened annotation pages.
PdfTextMarkupAnnotationauthor property is now preserving properly.
- Fatal error exception is no longer occurs while loading the particular PDF document.
- #177630 - Added support to insert and modify SVG image in PowerPoint presentation.
- #177587 - Added support to insert columns to a table in PowerPoint presentation.
- #176530 - Added support to retrieve the target slide of a hyperlink in PowerPoint presentation.
- #176530 - The property
TargetSlidewas added to the interface
- #177630 - The property
SvgDatawas added to the interface
- #177630 - An overload method for
AddPicturewas added to the interface
- #177630 - An overload method for
AddPicturewas added to the interface
- #177587 - The method
InsertColumnwas added to the interface
- #177587 - The property
ColumnsCountwas added to the interface
- #178672 - Type initialization exception will not be thrown while creating a PowerPoint presentation with charts.
- #180902 - Argument out of range exception will not be thrown while cloning a PowerPoint slide with pie chart.
- #179383 - Hyperlink path for another presentation can be now retrieved while loading a PowerPoint presentation.
- #182353 - Null reference exception will not be thrown while cloning a PowerPoint slide with table.
- #181902 - Null reference exception will not be thrown while resaving PowerPoint presentations contains internal XML files in custom naming standards.
- #180904 - The chart data modified with Presentation library will not get reverted, while trying to edit in Microsoft PowerPoint application.
- #182963 - The previous column formatting will be now preserved properly while inserting a new column in PowerPoint table.
- #180902 - Null reference exception will not be thrown while cloning and merging slides having charts after disposing the parent PowerPoint presentation.
- #178009 - Null reference exception will not be thrown while clearing and adding the slides in the PowerPoint presentation.
- #182955 - Now, SfAutoComplete displays the suggestions without delay when fetching data from online.
- Appearance of the Autocomplete changed as like standard of Xamarin platform Entry.
- #183568 - Now, SfBusyIndicator doesn’t freeze the application while rotating the iOS device.
#182492 - Now, Month cell
BorderColorwill be applied properly when changed through
#182194,#182240,#182894 - Customized month cell header’s height will be updated properly.
- #183438,#183023 - Issue has been resolved with Android platform to have multiple SfCarousel in single page.
- #181757 - Now,
ScaleOffsetaffects both height and width properly with same proportion.
DataSourceproperty of SfCarousel has been marked as obsolete, use
ItemsSourceproperty to set the collection for carousel.
ItemsSourceAPI type has been changed from
IEnumerabletype. Now you can assign/bind any object to the ItemsSource API of Carousel control.
- #175166 - CircularGauge will not be frozen when multiple gauges added inside ScrollView.
- #131359,182977 - Ranges can be added or removed dynamically.
- #183108 - Labels are positioning properly at center even for higher values.
- #183134 - MajorTicks Offset and MinorTicks Offset will work properly [
- #177808,181049 -Now
RangePointer.EnableAnimationproperty will work properly.
- #180385,181542 -CircularGauge no longer will throw “Underflow in restore - more restores than saves” exception when it’s get deployed in Android version 6.0.1 or higher.
- #179436 - CircularGauge will not overlap with status bar while adding CircularGauge in ScrollView.
- #180348,180242,179245,179227 - RangePointer will render without setting
- #179146 - Now,CircularGauge will not overlap over other views while adding CircularGauge in ScrollView.
RangesValueType has been modified from
- #183399 - Application crashed while replace the record which is not visible has been fixed.
- #182525 - Grid gets blanked when programmatically refresh column sizer after scrolling has been fixed.
- #181790 - Now, Horizontal scrolling works smoothly when vertical scrolling is not present also.
- Numeric button selection background color default value has been changed from
FromRgb(0, 175, 240)to
- Navigation button color default value has been changed from
FromRgb(0, 175, 240)to
- Numeric button selection foreground color default value has been changed from
Numeric button background color default value has been changed from
- The below APIs are marked as obsolete and alternate APIs has been provided. Refer the below table for the obsolete APIs and new APIs.
|S.No.||APIs marked as Obsolete||New APIs|
- #181956 – Now,
IsExpandedproperty can be accessed from the custom
- #183108 - Labels are positioning properly at center for higher values .
- #183275 - Performance has been improved even if we add multiple linear gauges in a page.
- #173957 - Now dynamic change of SymbolPointer Thickness
LinearPointer.Thicknessis working properly.
- #182522 - LabelFontSize Property
Header.TextSizePropertyis working properly.
- #129473 -LinearGauge Scale labels will render properly if the interval value is given in decimal in Xamarin.Forms platform.
RangesValueType has been modified from
- #169120, 169722, 171652, 173477, 127846, 175103, 130034, 130224, 179144, 179579, 130558 - Support for pull-to-refresh has been provided.
- #183177, 183252 - Command binding is now triggered for sticky header and sticky footer items.
- #180183 - Exception is no longer thrown while switching across tabs of
TabbedPagerapidly in Android platform.
- #179579, 183430 -
ScrollToRowIndexmethod now scrolls to appropriate position properly when items are grouped with auto-fit enabled.
- #183630 - SfMaps will render in Real Devices (IOS).
- #182865 - Now,
DrawerContentwill show properly with Bottom drawer position.
- #180869,#183246,#182601 - Issue has been resolved with navigation when the NavigationDrawer page loaded after the sleep mode in iOS.
- #184040 -
AllowNullissue has been resolved in Android platform.
- #183469,#182752 - Keyboard will be dismissed properly with Return Key.
- #182998 - Debug mode issue has been resolved for
- #176137 - Support provided to use Return Key in Numeric Keyboard.
- #181821 - Support has been provided to selected the text on focus.
- #130973 - Now, SpinButton alignment issues has resolved in Android.
- #129726 - Support has been provided to customize the SpinButton.
- #176724 - Support provided to use Return Key in Numeric Keyboard.
- #181129 - Support for text selection using PDF viewer in Xamarin.Forms has been provided.
- #171220, #179789 - Improved the performance when loading large PDF documents in Xamarin.Forms.iOS.
- #171220, #179789 -
SfPdfVieweris implemented to support lower version of iOS, now it works from iOS version 6.0 and higher.
- #179008, #182053 - Exception is no longer thrown when we load the PDF document in
TextSearchEventArgsis removed, instead please use
TextSearchEventArgsis removed, instead please use
PageNumberproperty in the
PageChangedEventArgsis deprecated, instead please use
- When invoking
SearchTextwith a specified text,
SearchCompletedevent would be triggered for every page, but now
TextMatchFoundevent will be triggered for each page instead of
The SfPicker control is a simple Picker that displays list of object and allow user to pick an item among them which comes with built-in modes for Time and Date picking
Footer view with default buttons
Custom View support
- #182210 - Application no longer crashes while loading
SfPullToRefresh.PullingThersholdis renamed as
SfPullToRefresh.PullingThresholdfor API consistency.
The new radial menu is useful for displaying a hierarchical menu in a circular layout. Typically used as a context menu, it can expose more menu items in the same space than traditional menus.
Drag on view.
Note: Currently SfRadialMenu is available only on Xamarin.Forms Android and Xamarin.Forms iOS platforms.
- #183066 - Issues has been resolved with
- #182498 - Now, transparent background color will be applied properly.
- #181340 - Issues has been resolved to load items through
- #181120 - Now, Time text labels are positioned properly with padding in the inline view (iOS).
- #177517 - Now, selection style background is working properly when tapping the schedule cell (UWP).
- #177517 - Now, recursive appointments are rendering properly when adding appointments through
- #180916 - Now, appointment indicators rendered properly for both normal and recursive appointments in month view (iOS).
- #182068 - Now, Schedule will navigate to proper date based on region settings.
- Default appearance of schedule control has been improved.
CellStyleargument default value has been changed as null in
OnMonthCellLoadedEventof Schedule (Android).
- #180818 -Now
SfTreeMap.TreeMapItemSelectedevent will trigger properly in SfTreeMap forms iOS platform.
- #109496, #79552, #74319, #130146, #180064 - Password support is provided in Compression library.
- #178228 - Support is provided for adding images from external link in Excel documents.
- #163244, #F130797 -
AutoFitsupport is provided in XlsIO portable library.
- Sorting support is provided in AutoFilters.
- Custom filtering support is provided in text filters.
DataSorterproperty is added in the interfaces
AutoFitColumns()are added in the interface
IRangeof portable library.
EnablePartialTrustCodeproperty is added in the interface
AddPictureAsLink()is added in the interface
SvgDataproperties are added in the interface IPictureShape.
- The values
DoesNotEndWithare added in
- #177888 - Exception is no longer thrown while opening a file with error value in named range.
- #176158 - Opening an Excel document with picture will no longer get corrupted in Mac OS.
- #178929 - Issue with wrong combo boxes count in an Excel document is fixed.
- #178697 - Conditional formatting rules are now applied proper with priority.
- #178368 - Custom number format ends with whitespace is preserved properly.
- #176718 - DisplayText now returns number value for cell reference formulas.
- #179055 - Exception is no longer thrown while saving XLS document to XLSX format with invalid named ranges.
- #178577 - Exception is no longer thrown while opening an Excel document with empty relation in image hyperlink.
- #179601 - Setting a pivot table row layout to tabular style and saving the document will no longer throw exception.
- #179303 - Exception is no longer thrown while setting header text within the limit.
- #175065 - Saving a workbook multiple times will no longer increase its file size.
- #177928 - Removing worksheets will reduce the file size properly.
- #178745 - Issue with changes in table formatting after resaving the document is fixed.
- #177927 - Removing multiple worksheets and saving the document will no longer throw exception.
- #177832 - License issue in XlsIO assembly has been resolved.
- #177210 - Issue with wild card criteria search in Excel document is fixed.
- #180466 - Exception is no longer thrown while opening chart with value axis title.
- #181226 - Exception is no longer thrown while opening particular file with shape’s offset value exceeding integer limit.
- #180940 - Issue with font color when setting font style in conditional formats is fixed.
- #181016 - Exception is no longer thrown while accessing LineStyle property of a shape in threading.
- #178198 - Exception thrown on parsing the named range with complete file path is fixed.
- #180478 - Issue with AutoFit when cell text contains line breaks is fixed.
- #180329 - XML Exception is no longer thrown while parsing Excel file with chart having empty legend position.
- #180337 - Line width is changed while changing series color for radar chart is fixed.
- #180213 - Exception is thrown while parsing
MissingItemsLimitproperty in pivot cache is resolved.
- #179997 - Exception is no longer thrown while opening a chart with discontinuous filtered ranges.
- #179874 - Default value is not set in Excel pivot table while applying Pivot filter is fixed.
- #179874 - File corruption issue while applying pivot filter is resolved.
- #179732 - File is no longer corrupted when table is created with merged cell ranges.
- #181584 - Overflow exception while accessing Value property is fixed.
- #179026 - Text is wrongly updated in shapes after add copying of worksheet is fixed.
- #177928 - File size is not reduced after removing all worksheets is fixed.
- #177314 - Security settings is enabled in portable platform for Excel 2003 file formats.
- #183388 - Memory leak issue due to CalcEngine not disabled on workbook dispose is fixed.
- #183016 - Issue with text casing while setting number format is fixed.
- #182853 - Performance issue while resaving Excel document with large number of named ranges is fixed.
- #182915 - Cell contents are cleared on
- #182153 - Issue with setting incorrect
HasFormulaStringproperty is fixed.
- #182422 - Exception is thrown while applying formula to a row due to wrong name index is fixed.
- #163659 - An overload is now available to open a file with filename and encoding.
- #182246, 182247 - Named index is now properly updated while copying external formulas using
- #182241 - External formulas will now be copied proper when destination workbook has formulas.
- #181970 - Corruption issue while copying external formula is resolved.
- #181715 - Conditional format formula is properly updated in binary Excel files.
- #180478 - AutoFit is properly performed while invoking it multiple times for the range with line breaks.
- #181802 - Exception is no longer thrown while resaving binary Excel file.
- #181707 - Wrong file header exception while importing particular XML file is fixed.
- #180842 - File with table formulas is no longer corrupted while resaving in Spanish culture.
- #181183, 183446 - Wrong syntax error is thrown while performing layout operation in pivot table is fixed.
- #181190 - Issue with worksheet
FindFirst()for search values having pipe character is fixed.
- #179749 -
RefersToRangeis null while named range is referring the table range is resolved.
- #178735 - GDI exception thrown while opening an Excel document in Azure platform is resolved.
- #181980 - Out of memory exception is no longer thrown while opening Excel document with wide filter range.
- #181375 - Issue with font index is incorrectly updated while setting same font index for multiple times is fixed.
- #182125 - Performance issue with applying styles in large number of cells is fixed.
- Excel file with pivot table no longer gets corrupted during AddCopy().
- Corruption issue when resaving Excel file with group shapes is fixed.
- Cell value with cross sheet reference formula will be updated properly.
- Sorting a range twice with same index will no longer throw exception.
- Exception is no longer thrown while copying worksheets with chart.
- Issue with improper print title values is fixed.