8 Mar 2018 / 1 minute to read
The Masked text box is an advanced version of the UITextField control that restricts user input to certain types of characters, text, and numbers using a mask pattern. This control is used to create a template for providing information such as telephone numbers, IP addresses, product IDs, and so on.
- The input can be masked with a fixed or variable length by setting the
- Custom prompt characters can be set.
- Special symbols such as currency symbol, date separator, decimal separator, etc., can be localized based on the culture.
- Input validation can be done either during each key press or when the control loses its focus.
- Values can be accessed with or without literal and prompt characters.
- Clipboard operations can be used with or without literal and prompt characters.
- Watermark text can be used to display an instruction or important information.
- The UI of the masked text box is completely customizable.