WPF DockingManager Overview
DockingManager control implements an architecture that allows child controls to be docked at any part of a window as in Microsoft Visual Studio. The dock panels containing the child elements can be interactively dragged to any area within the window. These windows can also be floated, tabbed, and auto hidden at run time.
- DockingManager supports different dock states such as Docking, Floating, AutoHide and Document.
- Multiple Document Interface (MDI) / Tabbed Document Interface(TDI) windows are available in DockingManager.
- Various window switchers available for navigating between the windows
- Built-in ContextMenu support such as TabListContextMenu and TabItem context menu.
- DockingManager support all possible ways for dock the elements.
- Support for resizing Splitters.
- Support for several built-in skins.
- Different types of auto hide animation such as Fade, Scale and Slide.
- Complete blendability support for customizing appearance.
- Complete support for customizing behavior of docking windows.
- ToolTip support for all default buttons.
- Localization support.
- Different types of dragging modes such as Border, Shadow and Content dragging.
- Complete drag provider customization support is available.
- Complete serialization support of docking states.