The CalendarEdit control provides implementation of DateTime values in a calendar form. It therefore supports full range of dates allowed by that object. Effectively, any date ranging from year 0 to year 9999 A.D. can be displayed. It displays a calendar through where you can navigate to any day in a selected year. Its template can be easily modified just like any other WPF control. It is added with in-built animation to navigate between months.
Elaborate structure of the control
The various elements of CalendarEdit control are illustrated in the following image.
- CalendarEdit supports different Culture Types.
- The CalendarEdit can be displayed in the following two modes. Standard and Vista.
- Different built-in skins are available to give a good look and feel to the control.
- It has options to change the direction of month while navigation.
- The appearance of the header and selection border can be customized using different brushes.
- You can select more than one “Date” value at a time.
- Display area of Calendar control is limited using abbreviated days and months.
- A ToolTip can be set to the required date, or by row and column.