Essential Studio for WinUI Release Notes
- Syncfusion WinUI controls are now compatible with Windows App SDK 1.0.0.
The WinUI XlsIO library allows you to create, read, edit, and convert Excel documents programmatically, without any Microsoft Office dependencies.
- Easily import and export data from and to common data sources.
- Perform quick evaluations with 400+ functions.
- Import data into a customized format using template markers.
- Create and edit all chart types including Excel 2016 charts.
- Apply cell data validations with operators, alert messages, custom formulas, and drop-down lists.
- Highlight important cells with conditional formatting.
- Perform various cell-level operations like resize, hide or unhide, insert or delete, group and ungroup.
- Customize formatting like number formats, text alignments, font settings, border settings, color settings, and rich text.
- Read and write protected Excel workbooks, and worksheets.
- Create and edit AutoShapes, comments, text boxes, combo boxes, check-boxes, and option buttons.
- Create and edit pivot tables and pivot charts.
- Convert Excel documents into PDF, ODS, HTML, and image formats.
- Convert Excel charts into image formats.
The WinUI PDF library allows you to create, read, and edit PDF documents programmatically. This library also offers functionality to merge, split, stamp, form-fill, sign digitally, and protect and secure PDF data.
- Create PDF files from scratch.
- Add text, images, tables, and shapes.
- Create, fill, and flatten PDF form fields.
- Add headers and footers to PDF documents.
- Open, modify, and save existing PDF documents.
- Merge and split PDF files.
- Encrypt and decrypt PDF files with advanced standards.
- Add, modify, and remove interactive elements such as bookmarks, annotations, and attachments.
- Digitally sign and validate signatures in PDF documents.
The WinUI PowerPoint library (Essential Presentation) allows you to add advanced PowerPoint Presentations processing functionalities to any WinUI application and does not require Microsoft PowerPoint application to be installed in the machine. It is a non-UI component that provides a full-fledged document instance model similar to the Microsoft Office COM libraries to iterate with the PowerPoint presentation elements explicitly and perform necessary manipulation. Using this library, you can create, read, edit and convert PowerPoint presentation programmatically.
- Create PowerPoint presentation from scratch.
- Open, modify, and save existing presentations.
- Convert PowerPoint presentation to PDF.
- Convert PowerPoint slides to images.
- Create and edit charts.
- Convert chart in a slide to image.
- Clone and merge slides in presentation
- Create and edit animations.
- Create and edit transition effects.
- Create and edit comments.
- Encrypt and decrypt PowerPoint presentation.
- Set and remove write protection of PowerPoint presentation.
- Access the Built-in and Custom document properties.
- Create and modify sections in PowerPoint presentation.
The WinUI AutoComplete control is a text box component that allows users to type a value and have the related data loaded automatically. It has several out-of-the-box features, such as multiple selections, filtering, UI customization, grouping, and custom templates.
Filtering - The AutoComplete has built-in support to filter data items. The filter operation starts as soon as you start typing characters in the text box and the related data is automatically updated.
Custom filtering - The AutoComplete control supports custom filtering, which allows users to create their own filtering logic.
Grouping - The AutoComplete control supports grouping, which allows the user to group the items’ collection using custom filtering.
Single and multiple selection - The AutoComplete control allows single and multiple selection. The required selection can easily be specified using the SelectionMode property.
Watermark - Display placeholder text inside the control until the user inputs text.
Templates - Dropdown list items can be customized with an image or custom control using templates.
- Custom search and filtering - The Combobox control supports custom filtering, which allows users to create their own custom filtering logic.
- Token support for multiple selection - The Combobox control allows user to search and filter items in multiple selection mode using token mode.
Ribbon key tip - Ribbon key tip support allows to access all ribbon commands through keyboard.
RibbonGallery preview support - The effect of ribbon gallery commands can be previewed before applying the changes.
Ribbon contextual tab group support - Ribbon Contextual Tab Groups are used to group the ribbon tabs for easier navigation. This Contextual Tab Groups appear when a user enables their context.
- Shadow effect - This feature provides options to enable a shadow effect for selected segment items.
- Previously we can customize the appearance of selected item using the SelectedSegmentStyle property which accepts style of target type Border but we have changed the target type as SelectedSegmentBorder in order to accomodate more customization settings for selected item.
The WinUI Word library (Essential DocIO) allows you to add advanced Word document processing functionalities to any WinUI application and does not require Microsoft Word application to be installed in the machine. It is a non-UI component that provides a full-fledged document instance model similar to the Microsoft Office COM libraries to iterate with the document elements explicitly and perform necessary manipulation. Using this library, you can create, read, edit and convert Word documents programmatically.
- Create Word document from scratch.
- Open (read), modify and save existing Word documents.
- Advanced Mail merge support with different data sources.
- Create or edit Word 97-2003 and later version documents (DOCX), and convert them to commonly used file formats such as RTF, WordML, TXT, HTML and vice versa.
- Export a Word document as a PDF file.
- Create and manipulate charts, Shapes, and Group shape in DOCX and WordML format documents.
- Read and write Built-In and Custom Document Properties.
- Find and replace text with its original formatting.
- Insert Bookmarks and navigate corresponding bookmarks to insert, replace, and delete content.
- Insert and edit the form fields.
- Protect the document to restrict access to the elements present within the document.
- Encrypt and decrypt Word documents.
- Insert and extract OLE objects.
- Run the DocIO applications in multi-thread and its thread safe.