How to get individual floating controls properties?
To get the x,y coordinates of the control if it is in floating state,
- Add a list view and a docking manager to your form.
- Enable the list view as a dock control.
- Set the control as a non-dockable floating window.
- Determine whether the control is floating using the
true, then the control is being hosted in a subclass of the Form type and this host form can be retrieved through the control’s
- Once, we have the top level form, x and y co-ordinates can be retrieved using Control.Location property of that form.
// Get the FloatingForm object to get location of control.FloatingForm is a Form derived class. DockHost dockHost = this.listView1.Parent as Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHost; FloatingForm floatForm = dockHost.ParentForm as FloatingForm; MessageBox.Show(floatForm.Location.ToString());
' Get the FloatingForm object to get location of control.FloatingForm is a Form derived class. Dim dockHost As DockHost = CType(IIf(TypeOf Me.listView1.Parent Is Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHost, Me.listView1.Parent, Nothing), Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHost) Dim floatForm As FloatingForm = CType(IIf(TypeOf dockHost.ParentForm Is FloatingForm, dockHost.ParentForm, Nothing), FloatingForm) MessageBox.Show(floatForm.Location.ToString())
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thank you for your feedback!
Thank you for your feedback and comments. We will rectify this as soon as possible!
An unknown error has occurred. Please try again.
Help us improve this page