19 Feb 20161 minute to read
The Ribbon control for ASP.NET MVC provides with rich customizable user interfaces like Office 2010, SharePoint 2010, and Office Web Apps 2010. The Ribbon Tab appears across the top of the page. Each Tab organizes a set of groups that has labels to identify them and also contains a set of controls and group expander.
- Application Tab -Represents the menu commands which can used to do any operations, like file related commands.Supports Application Menu and Backstage.
- Tabs – Related groups are combined into Tabs for quick and easy access.
- Contextual Tabs - Allows to group number of Tabs based on some criteria.
- Controls’ support -Supports Button, Split button and Dropdown List, Toggle button, and custom controls in the Ribbon groups.
- Gallery - Convenient way to visually display related options with text/images.
- Resize – Provides resizing to group controls dynamically based on window size.
- Expand and Collapse -Ribbon can be expanded and collapsed using expand/collapse button.
- Screen-Tip -Supports HTML and enhanced custom tooltips for controls of Ribbon groups.
- Theme - ASP.NET MVC controls consist of 12 built-in themes (6 – flat and 6 – gradient effects). It also supports bootstrap theme.