21 Jul 20161 minute to read
ReportWriter is a class library that enables the user to render reports defined in Microsoft’s RDL format (2008 or 2008 R2) as PDF, Word, Excel, PPT and HTML documents.
The important features of ASP MVC ReportWriter are listed as follows:
- RDL Specification - Supports RDL Specification for the SQL Server 2008 and RDL Specification for the SQL Server 2008 R2 only. List of available report definition formats msdn.microsoft.com/library/dd297486
- Data sources - You can use advanced database servers DataSources in ReportWriter (SQL and Oracle).
- Charts - Show all basic types of Charts that are available in Microsoft RDL reports.
- Tablix - Shows the summaries and simple tables.
- Gauge - Shows measurement values by using expression values.
- Textbox - Shows textbox data with expression support.
- Export - Export report as PDF, Word, Excel, PPT and HTML.
- Report Parameter - Views the report based on the report parameter value.