EJ 1 ASP.NET MVC PivotClient Overview
24 May 2019 / 1 minute to read
The PivotClient control for ASP.NET MVC provides support to bind both OLAP and Relational data sources. You can visualize the results in graphical and tabular formats (chart and grid).The PivotClient control is also used to create and edit a report on-the-fly that is stored for later use.
The key features of the PivotClient control is as follows:
- Data Source: Binds the PivotClient control with Relational data source and with Microsoft Analysis Services databases and XML/A data sources.
- Axis Element Builder: Allows building an OLAP/Pivot report by placing elements in the different axes of the PivotClient. There are four axes that are supported namely column, row, slicer and values.
- Member Editor: Lists out the members of the selected field for Relational data source and members of the selected hierarchy in a tree-view-like structure for OLAP data source.
- Toolbar: The toolbar of the PivotClient component provide options for exporting and manipulating the OLAP/Pivot report such as add report, new report, remove report, etc.,
- Cube Dimension Browser: A tree-view-like structure that organizes the dimensions, measures and named sets from the selected OLAP cube into independent logical groups.
- Field List: List which explores the fields available in Relational data source connected.
- Visualization Controls: For a diagrammatic representation of multidimensional data.