ASP.NET MVC Grid Overview
8 Jun 20211 minute to read
The grid control for ASP.NET MVC is an efficient display engine for tabular data. It will pull from a datasource, such as List of collections, OData web services, or DataManager, binding data fields to columns and displaying a column header to identify the field. It is a feature-rich control that provides extensive appearance customization options with support for grouped records. This grid is very useful for generating complex grid-based reports with rich formatting. The most important features available in the grid control for ASP.NET MVC are paging, sorting, filtering, searching, grouping, and editing.
- Data sources—Bind the grid control with a List of collections or ej.DataManager.
- Sorting and grouping—Supports n levels of sorting and grouping.
- Filtering—Offers Excel-like filtering for filter data.
- Editing—Offers two editing modes for inserting, editing, and deleting records in a grid.
- Paging—Provides the option to easily switch between pages using the pager bar.
- Reordering—Allows you to drag any column and drop it at any position in the grid, allowing columns to be repositioned at the required place.
- Resize columns—grid provides option for resizing the columns.
- Summary support—Offers options for specifying summary rows and columns.
- Detail template—Offers to render the detail row for the corresponding expanded master row.
- Unbound columns—Offers the option to specify unbound columns.
- RTL support—Provides a full-fledged right-to-left mode which aligns content in the Grid control from right to left.
- Localization—Provides inherent support to localize the UI.