4 Apr 20161 minute to read
The Essential ASP.NET MVC AutoComplete control is a textbox control that provides a list of suggestions based on the user query. When users enter text into the text box, the control performs a search operation and provides a list of results. There are several filter types available to perform the search.
- Delimiter: Supports search for multiple words using a delimiter symbol.
- Suggestion box customization: Supports customization of the suggestion box height and width, and also provides you option to customize the items count to be displayed in the suggestion list.
- minCharacter: Sets the minimum number of characters required to perform the search.
- Filter Types: Supports various search filters with case sensitivity search option.
- Watermark: Supports custom watermark text.
- Data binding: Supports data binding with the List of objects and remote data.
- Template: Supports templates for the suggestion list content.
- Highlight search: Supports highlighting the typed text in the suggestion list.
- Auto fill: Allows the control to automatically fill the autocomplete textbox based on the character typed.
- Keyboard navigation: Provides complete support to work with the control by using the keyboard keys.
- RTL: Supports displaying the text box and suggestion list from right to left.
- Themes: The AutoComplete control features 12 built-in themes (six flat and six with gradient effects), and also supports custom skin options for user defined themes.