25 Jun 20201 minute to read
The pivot chart control for Essential ASP.NET is a lightweight control that reads both OLAP and relational data sources and visualizes them in a graphical format with the ability to drill up and down.
The key features of the pivot chart control are listed as follows:
- Data source: Supports the OLAP data binding with Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), XML/A data sources, and relational data sources.
- Series: A collection of series items that contain the actual data points is displayed on the chart.
- Legend: A color code that helps to differentiate between chart items. The legend has labels beside each color to indicate that it applies to information from Series 1, Series 2, and so on.
- Drill support: Enables you to navigate to inner levels in the row axis.
- Tooltip: Displays data point values of respective chart series upon hovering the pointer.
- Zooming and scrolling: Enables you to zoom into an area of the chart so the data can be viewed with more clarity.