The AutoComplete control is a textbox control that provides a list of suggestions based on your query. When you enter text into the text box, the control performs a search operation and provides a list of results. There are several filter types available to perform the search.
- Delimiter: Supports search for multiple words by using a delimiter symbol.
- Suggestion box customization: Supports customization of the suggestion box height and width, and also limits the suggestion list size.
- minCharacter: Sets the minimum number of characters required to perform the search.
- Filter Types: Supports various search filters with case sensitivity.
- Watermark: Supports custom watermark text.
- Data binding: Supports data binding with JSON data and remote data.
- Template: Supports templates for the suggestion list content.
- Highlight search: Supports highlighting the typed text in the suggestion list.
- Auto fill: Allows the control to automatically select the first suggested item.
- Keyboard navigation: Supports using the keyboard to focus on the control, navigate through the suggestion results, and select a value.
- RTL: Supports displaying the text box and suggestion list from right to left.
- Themes: The AutoComplete control features 13 built-in themes (six flat, six with gradient effects and a bootstrap theme), and also supports custom skin options for user defined themes.