Overview of ASP.NET Core Tab
30 Mar 20231 minute to read
The tab control is an interface where the list of items are expanded from a single item. Each tab panel defines its header text or header template, as well as a content template. The tab items can be dynamically added and removed. It is loaded with AJAX content useful for building dashboards where space is limited.
- Collapsible header: All the headers are collapsible.
- AJAX load: Loads AJAX content in the tab content panel.
- Close button: Provides a close button for each tab item.
- Custom event for expanding header: Activates a tab item on a single click, or bind custom events such as mouse over or mouse up to activate a tab.
- Header orientation: Changes the header position to the top or bottom of the control.
- Persist: Saves the current model value to browser cookies to maintain the state.
- Height style: Adjusts the content panel height.
- RTL: Tab headers and contents are displayed from right-to-left (RTL) format.
- Add tab dynamically: New tab items can be added and removed at the run time.
- Theme: Essential ASP.NET Core controls contains 17 built-in themes such as six flat themes, six with gradient effects, bootstrap theme, two high-contrast, material theme, and office-365 themes. It also supports custom skin options to set user-defined themes.
- Keyboard navigation: Interacts with the control using the keyboard.