19 Feb 20181 minute to read
The PivotClient control provides support to bind both OLAP and Relational data source. You can visualize the results in graphical (chart) and tabular (grid) formats. It is also used to create and edit a report on-the-fly that is stored for later use.
The key features of the PivotClient control are listed as follows:
- Data Source: Binds the PivotClient control with relational XML/A data sources.
- Axis Element Builder: Allows building an OLAP/Pivot report by placing elements in the different axes of the PivotClient. Supports four axes namely column, row, slicer and value.
- Member Editor : Lists out the members of the selected field for relational data source and members of the selected hierarchy in a tree-view-like structure for OLAP data source.
- Toolbar : Provides options for exporting and manipulating the OLAP/Pivot report such as add report, new report, remove report, etc.,
- Cube Dimension Browser : A tree-view-like structure that organizes the dimensions, measures and named sets from the selected OLAP cube into independent logical groups.
- Field List : A list that explores the fields available in the relational data source.
- Visualization Controls : Supports for a diagrammatic representation of multidimensional data.