Essential Studio for Xamarin.Android Release Notes
- #114697, #132874, #133035, #153479, #167670, #212402 - Added support to show the revision marks in the generated PDF while converting Word documents with tracked changes or revisions.
- #108879, #162848, #181644, #212631, #217405 - Added support to hyphenate text in a Word document while converting to PDF and Image.
- #155259, #176052, #211046, #218374 - Added support to update Auto Number field in a Word document.
- #216440 - Added support to update SET field in a Word document.
- #211192, #216218 - Added API to access the external Excel file path for a chart in DOCX to DOCX conversion.
- #214175 - Added API to auto detect the complex scripts in Word to PDF conversion.
- #213984 - Added support to restart the list number while performing Mail merge.
- #215528 - Added support to specify Encoding while converting a Word document to HTML.
- #213040 - Added option to maintain information about imported list styles while importing Word document elements.
- #216695 - Added image rotation preservation support in Word to PDF conversion.
- #212281 - Added support for generating 508 compliant PDF documents during Word to PDF conversion.
- #212281 - Added support to embed complete or subset of font during Word to PDF conversion.
- #212281 - Added support to preserve editable form fields during Word to PDF conversion.
- #212281 - Added support for Alternate chunk contents in Word document to PDF conversion.
- #205098 - Performance has been improved in Word to PDF conversion.
- #218957 - The IndexOutOfRangeException will no longer be thrown while updating TOC in RTF format document.
- #218795 - The XMLException will no longer be thrown while resaving a DOCX format document.
- #210586 - The NotSupportedException will no longer be thrown while converting a HTML document to Word document.
- #210586 - Page break preservation issue has been resolved in HTML to Word conversion.
- #210586 - Text is now aligned properly while converting an HTML document to Word document.
- #210586 - Tab is now preserved properly while converting a document to HTML.
- #217440 - Image is now preserved properly while converting a Word document to PDF.
- #217259 - Nested paragraphs are now preserved properly while opening a Word document.
- #215506 - RTL text is now preserved properly while converting a Word document to PDF.
- #213770, #208117 - Hanging issue has been resolved while updating a Word document fields.
- #208452 - Table content is now preserved properly while converting a Word document to PDF.
- #219302 - Font style preservation issue has been resolved while converting a Word document to PDF.
- #216566 - The file will no longer be corrupted while adding Chart into a Word document (DOCX).
- #215421 - Paragraph list is now preserved properly while merging a cloned paragraph with ImportOptions.KeepSourceFormatting.
- #F139944, #215539 - Custom UI is now preserved properly while opening and saving a Word document (DOCX).
- #214749 - The FormatException will no longer be thrown while opening a Word document.
- #214664 - Table cell content is now preserved properly while converting a Word document to PDF.
- #214435 - Hanging issue has been resolved while converting a Word document to Image.
- #213886 - List number is now preserved properly while opening and saving a Word document (DOCX).
- #F139508 - Page border position is now preserved properly while converting a Word document to PDF.
- #213327 - Shape is now preserved properly while converting a Word document to PDF.
- #213151 - Bullets are now preserved properly while merging the Word documents.
- #213042 - Unexpected frame preservation issue has been resolved while calling the WordDocument.Replace API for Word document.
- #212593 - Text wrapping issue has been resolved while converting a Word document to PDF.
- #212502 - Textbox is now preserved properly while converting a Word document to PDF.
- #182512 - The OutOfMemoryException will no longer be thrown while opening a Word document.
- #218957, #220198 - The junk characters will no longer be preserve while converting a Word document to PDF.
- #216440 - If field result is now preserved properly while updating a Word document fields.
- #212671, #212772, #220859 - List number is now preserved properly while converting a Word document to PDF.
- #202856 - List number is now preserved properly while converting a Word document to HTML.
- #221808 - Text is now aligned properly while converting a Word document to PDF.
- #218705 - Embedded fonts are now preserved properly while converting a Word document to PDF.
- #212281, #216409, #219899 - Added the support for creating PDF-A1B document.
- #130495, #131138, #136165, #136511, #99972, #174605, #175254, #196824, #205109, #209482, #218456, #217889 - Added support for OpenType font (OTF).
- #216464 - Added support to parse
- #215133 - Performance has been improved when accessing the PDF document layers.
- #210943, #216074 - String was not recognized as a valid DateTime exception will no longer occur while loading a PDF document.
- #215941 - Barcode is now preserving with proper size when specifying the size of a barcode.
- #215595 - The 1D barcode is now scanning properly with default width.
- #215096 - FNC characters in the given input is now preserving properly for
- #215166 - The Null-reference exception will no longer occur while loading a PDF document.
- #214918 - Light table header is now preserving properly when providing the data source through
- #214401 - The ArgumentException will no longer occur when loading a PDF document.
- #219778 - Object reference not set to an instance of an object exception will no longer occur when saving the
- #217829 - Index was outside the bounds of the array exception will no longer occur when loading the PDF document.
- #220618 - “Object reference not set to an instance of an object exception will no longer occur when creating PDF signature..
- #219990 - Text mark annotation is now preserving properly when flatten the PDF document.
- #217865 - NullReferenceException will no longer occur while removing custom metadata entries.
- #218695 - Bookmark destination is now preserving properly after reading the bookmark.
- #218348 - Gap between barcode data sections is now preserving properly when drawing 1D barcode to PDF.
- #218231 - The
PdfCode128BarcodeSize property is now working properly.
- #218235 - Barcodes are now preserving properly with its default size.
- #218230 - Exception will no longer occur when getting the size of the
- #217889 - The PDF document is now preserving properly when drawing a string with OTF font.
- #219709 - Object reference not set instance of an object exception will no longer occur when drawing
PdfGridin a PDF.
- #218192, #218299 - NullReferenceException will no longer occur when saving the document with
#213426 - Added support to create, edit, and remove connectors in PowerPoint files.
#214420 - Added support to clone and insert paragraphs.
Insert(int, IParagraph) method has been added to
Clone() method has been added to
AddConnector(ConnectorType, IShape, int, IShape, int) method has been added to
AddConnector(ConnectorType, double, double , double , double) method has been added to
ConnectionSiteCount property has been added to
#205041 - PowerPoint files will no longer be corrupted while inserting a cloned picture.
#207078 - The
FormatException will no longer be thrown while resaving a PowerPoint document with formulated path points.
- #139808, #215033 - Support has been provided for customizing the events in
- Navigation and inline view animations have been enhanced in
Dateproperty has been included to get the tapped date details in
- #139385 - The
Appointmentindicator position alignment has been changed based on the center of the month cell in
NewRangeAddedproperty setter access modifier has been changed from
AppointmentItemAPI has been deprecated.
CalendarHeaderAPI has been deprecated. Use the
SfCalendartoday date will be highlighted with
SingleSelectionbased on the
- The following classes are marked as obsolete and alternate class has been provided. Refer to the following table for the obsolete class and new class.
|Class Name||New Class|
- The following events from the
MonthViewSettingsclass are marked as obsolete, and the alternate events have been provided. Refer to the following table for the obsolete events and new events from
|Events marked as Obsolete||New Events|
#I205947 - Now, the chart control supports
RangeColumnSerieschart type with a single y-value.
#I214334, I208403, I194500 - Now, the chart control supports series selection.
#F139960, I215900 - Now, the chart control supports custom axis.
- # 218361 – The Gauge
Headerwill be positioned at the exact center on using HeaderAlignment.
- #203086, #202379, #205187, #212307, #216539, #139380 - Support has been provided to increase or decrease the height based on text in Multiline Text editor.
- #202701, #202379, #215705, #138552 – Support has been provided to customize the validation message view using the
DataFormLayoutManagerclass override method for
SfEditTextcontrol has been removed and replaced with
- #217775: The issue “Application crashes when tapping the header while editing” has been fixed.
- #218923: Crash will no longer occur when taking a photo in customers’ application and navigating back to the activity containing DataGrid.
- #217543: The
NullReferenceExceptionwill no longer occur if Dispose is called more than once to DataGrid.
- #218121: Setting
SfDataGrid.HeaderRowHeightin an empty DataGrid had resulted in
ArgumentOutOfRangeException; it has been fixed. Hereafter, the argument out of range exception will not occur when
SfDataGrid.ItemsSourceis set for DataGrid in the catch loop of first exception.
- #217522: The
NullReferenceExceptionwill no longer occur when loading an empty grid in AXML and tapping it.
- #218901: Application will not be crashed while sorting is performed intermittently (about one of every two times) in
processor(Android 6.0 and MIUI 8).
Dispose()method will be called for all the objects and dispose will be called only once for each item.
- Support to programmatically refresh the DataGrid control using
SfDataGrid.Refreshmethod has been provided.
- Support for current cell has been provided to keep track of the last row and cell interacted with.
- Editing a cell is permitted only when
SfDataGrid.NavigationModeis set as
Cell. Current cell and editing is allowed only when the
SfDataGrid.SelectionModeis set a value other than
SfDataGrid.NavigationModeis set as
Cell, the current cell border for the last interacted cell will appear now. However, the border color and border width for the current cell can be customized by writing a custom style for DataGrid.
- When a cell is in editing state, tapping on any other cell will directly enter edit mode. Earlier it will commit the edited value on first tap and requires an additional tap to enter edit mode on another cell.
- Virtualization support has been added to enables faster rendering by loading the diagramming objects available only on the visible area.
- Auto scroll support has been added to automatically scroll the Diagram whenever a node or connector is moved beyond the visible boundary.
- Support added to align annotations in relative positions.
- Now, the kanban control supports
- #219924 - The deleted characters will not be appended while rewriting character in masked edit.
- #208080, #176694, #182410, #172935, #209579, #F124635 - Restrict the
Valuesto within a specific range by setting the Maximum and Minimum property values.
- #186086, #186642, #217306 - Provided support to add handwritten signature in SfPdfViewer in Xamarin.
- #168713, #168837, #171183, #152743, #161126, #175315, #179008, #180746, #180907, #181690, #188846, #188843, #202703, #F137365, #206215, #210486, #210701, #212751, #213719, #215713, #216168, #215713, #216822, #216156 - Provided support to view, save, and edit form fields in Xamarin.
- #213887 - Support to search text with line breaks in SfPdfViewer in Xamarin.
- #197949 - Provided support to import and export FDF, XFDF, JSON, and XML form data in all Xamarin platforms.
- #F140610 -
ObjectDisposedExceptionwill no longer be thrown when navigating from one page to another in Xamarin.Android.
- #219612 - Application will no longer be crashed when changing the orientation of device with Android API level 21 and 22.
- #221992: Setting border color which also applies for the background of the
SfPopUpLayout.PopupViewhas been fixed.
- The right to left flow direction support has been provided for Schedule.
- The following obsolete APIs have been removed in SfSchedule:
|Class Name||Removed APIs|
- Tap gesture behavior has been improved in month cells when using custom view as month cell. Now, both the month cell’s touch and custom view’s touch can be handled.
- #200141: The elevation support has been provided for Tab header.
- Provided support to change the flow of text to the right-to-left direction in TreeView control.
- Provided support to select the nodes using animation in TreeView control.
- #134735, #127674, #175793, #177554, #178173, #185927, #189675, #193069, #196042, #203541, #203444, #206375, #208301, #219070 - Provided support for Excel to PDF conversion in .NET Standard.
- #217605 -
UseStringDelimiterhas been added in
IApplicationinterface to support string delimiter in CSV document.
- #218001 -
SkipAutoFitRowhas been added in
IApplicationinterface to skip autofit for rows.
CustomPaperSizehas been added in
ExcelToPdfConverterSettingsclass to support setting custom paper size while converting Excel document to PDF.
- #139653 - Issue with VLOOKUP formula while setting custom separators in German culture is fixed.
- #204947 - Exception thrown while opening Excel document with duplicate attributes is resolved.
- #212300 - Null reference exception is no longer thrown while add copying the workbook with invalid sheet references.
- #212300 - File corruption issue while copying a range having named range formula referring to External workbook is resolved.
- #213242 - Chart default axis title area text settings and text box properties are now cloned properly in XlsIO.
- #213274 -
StandardHeightis now properly set for XlsIO generated Excel documents.
- #213608 - Incorrect Rich-Text format while saving the Excel document is fixed.
- #213658 - Null reference exception thrown while getting
ListOfValuesproperty of Data Validation is fixed
- #213658 -
NumberFormatSettingsreturning null value while accessing particular range is fixed.
- #213658 - Issue with
FirstFormulaproperty of Data Validation in binary Excel files is fixed.
- #213819 -
DeleteColumnmethod works properly for CSV file.
- #214495 - Issue with slicer getting removed on saving the file in Excel 2007 version is fixed.
- #214638 - Excel file with incorrect anchor type for shapes is resaved properly without any corruption.
- #214638 - Excel file with text box is resaved properly in Excel 2007 version without any corruption.
- #214879 - Exception thrown while parsing the named range formula without worksheet reference is resolved.
- #214915 - Enabling
WrapTextproperty will no longer throw exception during
- #214924 - Excel file with conditional formats is resaved properly without any corruption.
- #215001 - Issue with horizontal alignment for textbox is resolved.
- #215030 - Null reference exception thrown on casting chart data label as text area on parsing Excel file is fixed.
- #215185 - Text box color and macro link are properly resaved in the Excel document.
- #215197 - Issue with changing legend position from manual layout is fixed.
- #215350 - Special characters (Ampersand and less-than symbols) can be used in
HTMLStringproperty without any exception.
- #215591 - Issue with copying borders in merged cells is fixed.
- #216094 - ArgumentException thrown while assigning “/” as cell value is fixed.
- #216187, #214895 - Performance issue while inserting rows is resolved.
- #216305 -
AutoFitColumnnow works properly for currency values.
- ArgumentException thrown while accessing used range having styles alone is fixed.
- Border set to a cell through
BordersAroundmethod is now applied properly.
- Unhandled exception thrown while opening an Excel file with duplicate shape attribute is fixed.
- #210172, #218493 – Protected document with objects is resaved properly without unlocking the objects.
- #216939 - ArgumentOutOfRangeException is no longer thrown while saving the workbook with shapes, after deleting rows.
- #217119 - Performance delay while applying multilevel subtotal is fixed.
- #217178 - XML exception thrown while opening XML document with invalid attribute value is fixed.
- #217348 - Exception thrown while setting font for empty text has been resolved.
- #217365 - Issues with inserting new rows in table and add copying the worksheets with table formulas is fixed.
- #217695 - Exception will no longer be thrown while opening Excel file with duplicate custom XML relations.
- #218001 - Autofit row enhancement is implemented for Calibri and Tahoma fonts.
- #218655, #218656, #220908 - Line breaks are now properly retrieved for cells with Rich-Text.
- #218676 - Chart legend border value is properly retrieved while resaving the Excel file.
- #218730 - Manual layout is preserved properly while resaving the Excel document.
- #218730 - XML error thrown while parsing Excel document with charts is fixed.
- #218869 - Color formatting issue due to comma cell style is fixed.
- #218983 - Null reference exception thrown while opening the Excel document without theme.xml file is resolved.
- #219575 - Conditional formats are now properly serialized for an empty document.
- #219606 - Format exception is no longer raised while opening the Excel file in German culture.
- #219765 - Issue with cell values in custom DateTime patterns having text number formats in ASP.NET Core is fixed.
- Exception thrown while accessing
UsedRangeof worksheet in an Excel workbook opened with
DisplayTextis retrieved properly after getting
- Issue with secondary value axis for different chart types is fixed.
- Next available column ID is properly updated while refreshing the query table in existing workbook.