UWP Pivot Client (SfPivotClient) Overview
25 May 20211 minute to read
The SfPivotClient control supports browsing multidimensional data that is organized in the form of dimensions, measures, named sets, and KPIs in a cube format. You can visualize the results in graphical (pivot chart) and tabular (pivot grid) formats. The control can also be used to create and edit reports on-the-fly that are stored for later use.
The key features of SfPivotClient control are listed as follows:
- Data source: Supports data binding with OLAP data source such as Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), XML/A and relational data source such as IList, IEnumerable, etc.
- OLAP: Supports OLAP DB related features like KPI, named sets, member properties, etc.
- Relational: Supports relational DB related features like expression fields, custom summaries, etc.
- Slice and dice: You can slice and dice the cube database.
- Save and load: Saves the current session of the report in an XML file or as a stream for future use and reloads it whenever needed.
- Chart: Graphical representation of the data, represented by symbols such as bars in a bar chart, lines in a line chart, or slices in a pie chart.
- Grid: Tabular representation of data is arranged in the form of rows and columns and categorized accordingly.
- Cube selector: Comprises multiple cubes obtained from the data source.
- Cube dimension browser: Tree view structure organizes the cube elements such as measures, dimensions, hierarchies, named sets, KPI, etc., from the selected cube into independent logical groups.
- Axis element builder: Allows you to build an OLAP report by placing elements in three different axes namely column, row, and slicer.
- Member editor: Displays the member elements of the selected dimension in tree view structure.
- Measure editor: Displays the collection of measures from the current OLAP report.
- Toolbar: Provides options to toggle the pivot axis and to export and manipulate the OLAP report.
- Export: Allows you to export the pivot grid and pivot chart to PDF, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, CSV, and other supported image formats.