UWP Pivot Client (SfPivotClient) Overview
The SfPivotClient control supports browsing multidimensional data that is organized in the form of dimensions, measures, named sets, and KPIs in a cube format. You can visualize the results in graphical (pivot chart) and tabular (pivot grid) formats. The control can also be used to create and edit reports on-the-fly that are stored for later use.
The key features of SfPivotClient control are listed as follows:
- Data source: Supports data binding with OLAP data source such as Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), XML/A and relational data source such as IList, IEnumerable, etc.
- OLAP: Supports OLAP DB related features like KPI, named sets, member properties, etc.
- Relational: Supports relational DB related features like expression fields, custom summaries, etc.
- Slice and dice: You can slice and dice the cube database.
- Save and load: Saves the current session of the report in an XML file or as a stream for future use and reloads it whenever needed.
- Chart: Graphical representation of the data, represented by symbols such as bars in a bar chart, lines in a line chart, or slices in a pie chart.
- Grid: Tabular representation of data is arranged in the form of rows and columns and categorized accordingly.
- Cube selector: Comprises multiple cubes obtained from the data source.
- Cube dimension browser: Tree view structure organizes the cube elements such as measures, dimensions, hierarchies, named sets, KPI, etc., from the selected cube into independent logical groups.
- Axis element builder: Allows you to build an OLAP report by placing elements in three different axes namely column, row, and slicer.
- Member editor: Displays the member elements of the selected dimension in tree view structure.
- Measure editor: Displays the collection of measures from the current OLAP report.
- Toolbar: Provides options to toggle the pivot axis and to export and manipulate the OLAP report.
- Export: Allows you to export the pivot grid and pivot chart to PDF, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, CSV, and other supported image formats.