Overview in JQuery Maps widget
19 Apr 20171 minute to read
A Map is a graphical representation of geographical data. It is used to represent the statistical data of a particular geographical area on Earth. Using pan and zoom, the maps can be navigated. Maps supports enhanced data visualization with bubbles and labels using data bound to the map.
Use Case Scenarios
Some of the Maps control use case scenarios:
To visualize weather data.
To visualize geographical statistics information.
To visualize the density or availability of resources in an area.
To visualize political information.
To visualize the layout of a building.
- Layers - Map is maintained through Layers and it can accommodate one or more layers.
- Map Providers Support - Syncfusion Map support map providers such as OpenStreetMap that can be added to any layers in maps.
- GeoJSON Data Input - The GeoJSON standard allows you to plot your own shapes using customized data to your maps. You can obtain some of the GeoJSON standard shape information from GEOJSON format shapes that can be used as data input for maps.
- Map Elements Customization - Map contains a set of elements, including shapes, bubbles, markers, legend, labels and data items that can be visualized with customized appearance showing additional information on the map using data bound data.
- User Interaction - Options like zooming, panning and map selection enables the effective interaction on map elements.