Overview of Syncfusion Excel (XlsIO) library
22 Nov 20211 minute to read
Essential XlsIO is a native .NET class library that can be used to create and modify Microsoft Excel files by using C#, VB.NET and managed C++ code. It is a non-UI component that provides a full-fledged object model that facilitates accessing & manipulating the spreadsheets without any dependency of Microsoft Office COM libraries & Microsoft Office.
The library can be used in Windows Forms, WPF, UWP, ASP.NET Web Forms, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Core, Xamarin and Blazor applications.
- Support to create Excel documents from scratch.
- Support to modify existing Excel documents.
- Support to import and export data.
- Supports Excel formulas.
- Ability to create and manipulate Conditional Formats and Data Validations.
- Create and manipulate Charts and Sparklines.
- Supports creation and manipulation of Tables, Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts.
- Fill data using Template Markers.
- Clone and merge Excel worksheets.
- Encrypt and decrypt Excel documents.
- Convert Excel worksheets to images.
- Convert chart in a worksheet to image.
- Supports data filtering and data sorting.
- Support to insert Images and AutoShapes.
- Support to add Comments and Form Controls.
- Support to add Ole objects and Group Shapes.
- Ability to convert Excel workbook to PDF.
- Converts Excel worksheet to HTML.
- Support to open and create CSV files.
- Support to open and create SpreadsheetML files.
- Access the Custom document properties of Excel file.
- Access the Built-in document properties.
Compatible Microsoft Excel Versions
- Microsoft Excel 97-2003
- Microsoft Excel 2007
- Microsoft Excel 2010
- Microsoft Excel 2013
- Microsoft Excel 2016
- Microsoft Excel 2019
You can also explore our .Net Excel Framework demo that shows how to create and modify Excel files from C# with 5 lines of code on different platforms.