Overview of PDF Framework
19 Nov 20211 minute to read
The PDF framework is a feature rich .NET PDF class library developed with 100% managed C# code that can be used to create, read and write PDF. The library can be used in Windows Forms, WPF, ASP.NET Web Forms, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Core, Blazor, UWP, Xamarin, Flutter applications and Unity platform without the dependency of Adobe Acrobat. The creation of PDF follows the most popular PDF 1.7 (ISO 32000-1) and latest PDF 2.0 (ISO 32000-2) specifications.
Key Features of Essential PDF
The following list shows the key features available in the Essential PDF.
- Support to create PDF files from scratch.
- Support to add text, various formats of images, tables and shapes.
- Support for creation, filling and flattening forms (AcroForms and XFA).
- Open, modify and save existing PDF files.
- Support to compress existing PDF files.
- Ability to merge and split PDF files.
- Support for Optical Character Recognition by using Tesseract engine.
- Ability to convert HTML, RTF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and XPS to PDF.
- Ability to encrypt and decrypt PDF files with advanced standards.
- Support to add, modify and remove interactive elements such as bookmarks, annotations and attachments.
- Support to add barcode in the PDF files.
- Support to convert PDF to PDF/A-1B conformance.
- Support for PDF/X1-A,PDF/A1-B,PDF/A3-B and PDF/A1-B conformances.
- Support to create accessible PDF or tagged PDF (PDF/UA) with section 508 compliant.
- Support to redact text and images in the PDF files.
- Support to digitally sign and validate signature in PDF document.
- Support to find the corrupted PDF document.
- Support for .NET Standard 1.2 onwards.
- PDF library is compatible with .NET Core 3.0 WPF and Windows Forms.
- PDF library is supported in Blazor, Xamarin and Flutter platforms.
- PDF library is compatible with .NET 5.0 applications.