The GetLinkedIn processor is used to get data from LinkedIn using API.
Syncfusion, LinkedIn, Get.
GetLinkedIn processor has the following properties:
|Basic Profile Data||
* Basic Profile Data.
* Additional Profile Fields.
* Alternate Profile Languages.
|Specifies API endpoint used to share the data in LinkedIn account.|
Access token to access an API.
Sensitive Property: true
|Select the format in which the response should be retrieved.|
In the above list, the required properties appear in bold. Other properties (not in bold) are considered as optional.
|failure||All created FlowFiles are routed to this relationship, if the data is not retrieved.|
|success||All created FlowFiles are routed to this relationship, if the data is retrieved successfully.|
How to create application and generate Access Token
LinkedIn API requires authentication, specifically the requests are made on behalf of the user. Authenticated requests require an access_token.
The following steps are used to generate an access token:
- Create new application.
- Generate access token.
- Fetch data from LinkedIn.
Create new application
The following steps are used to register a new application in LinkedIn:
- Logon to the LinkedIn Developer portal and click My Apps
- Click the create application button
- In the Website URL field enter your website URL. Then complete all the required fields on the form and click Submit.
- The authentication keys get generated. Copy the Client ID and Client Secret.
Generate access token
The following steps are used to generate an access token for accessing the LinkedIn rest API:
- Open the postman rest client and select the authentication type from the authorization tab.
- Click the Get New Access Token button and enter the required details.
|Token Name||Give sample name|
|Access Token URL||https://www.linkedin.com/uas/oauth2/accessToken|
|Client ID||Generated Client ID|
|Client Secret||Generated Client Secret|
|Grant Type||Authorization Code|
- Click the Request Token button which generates the access token.
Get data from LinkedIn using Data Integration Platform
GetLinkedIn processor is used to get the data in LinkedIn.
Here is the overview template to get data from LinkedIn and store the response in a file.
Step 1: Configure GetLinkedLn processor
Drag and drop the GetLinkedIn processor to the canvas.
Double click the processor to configure it.
Select the API method, enter the generated access token and response type in which the response data should be retrieved.
Step 2: Configure PutFile processor
Drag and drop the PutFile processor to the canvas.
Double click the processor to configure it. Then enter the directory, where the response stored in file.