Connecting Bold BI to Salesforce data source
Bold BI dashboard designer supports connecting Salesforce web services through SOAP API.
Choose Salesforce data source
To configure the Salesforce data source, follow the below steps:
Click the Data Sources button in the configuration panel to add a new data connection.
- Click CREATE NEW to launch a new connection from the connection panel.
Select the Salesforce connection in the connection panel.
You can also create a data source from the home page by clicking the Data Sources menu from left menu panel and Create Data Source from the data sources page.
Authentication with Salesforce
Use the following steps to authenticate with Salesforce web service:
- Click the data source, you will be prompted with a login window. Enter the credentials of your Salesforce account to authorize.
Click Allow in the authorization window to accept the scopes requested by Bold BI dashboards.
If the permission is denied, the account will not be accessible from the dashboard.
- Set a name to identify the account and click Next.
- You have now successfully authorized your connection. Click Connect to continue with the data source connection.
- To connect via already connected account, refer Connected Accounts.
To connect to another account click Connect New Account.
Connect to Salesforce
Create Salesforce data source
After successful authentication, the NEW DATA SOURCE configuration panel opens. Follow the below steps to create Salesforce data source.
- Enter a name and description (optional) for the data source.
Enter a valid SOQL Query in the Query textbox. Refer the Salesforce API documentation for more details.
Select IsWon, Name FROM Opportunity LIMIT 5
- Choose a time interval for Refresh Settings using the combo box, to trigger the Rest API request periodically to keep the data in sync with our dashboard.
- By default, 150K records will be fetched. To fetch newly added/modified records, set a refresh time in Refresh Settings and enable the Incremental Refresh.
You can also edit the connection information set here using the Edit Connection option.
|Refresh Settings||Period of time before next refresh call is triggered. This will automatically trigger a call for the API configured in the data source to keep the data up to date. If you do not want to sync your new data, choose ‘Never’.|
|Incremental Refresh||To fetch newly added/modified records, set a refresh time in Refresh Settings and enable the Incremental Refresh.|
select count(id) Total from opportunity
Fetch records based on condition including nested columns
Select IsWon, Name, Opportunity.Account.Name, Owner.Name, Owner.IsActive, Amount, CloseDate, CreatedDate, LastActivityDate, LastModifiedDate, StageName FROM Opportunity WHERE (CloseDate =THIS_YEAR OR CloseDate =LAST_YEAR) and (StageName = 'Closed Won')
Select IsWon, Account.Name FROM Opportunity LIMIT 5
Preview and data import
- Click Preview & Connect to connect with the configurations set.
The Data Preview dialog opens. This dialog displays the corresponding records which satisfies the provided SOQL query in grid for preview. To use the columns in designer, click Connect.
Now, the data design view page with selected table schema opens. Drag and drop the table.
- Click Save to save the data source with a relevant name.
Connected accounts for OAuth data sources
If you have already logged into the account and authenticated with web data source, the account information will be listed here. You can select one of the accounts or connect to a new account by clicking the Connect New Account button.
You can edit, delete and re-authorize this account from the Connected Accounts page.
Data Transformation - https://help.syncfusion.com/bold-bi/visualize-data/joining-table
Editing a Data Connection - https://help.syncfusion.com/bold-bi/editing-a-data-connection
Dashboard Designer Walk Through - https://help.syncfusion.com/bold-bi/dashboard-designer-walk-through
Salesforce Integration - https://www.boldbi.com/integrations/salesforce