Connecting Bold BI to Jira data source
Bold BI dashboard designer supports connecting Jira web services through REST API.
Choose Jira data source
To configure the Jira data source, follow the below steps:
Click the Data Sources button in the configuration panel to add a new data connection.
- Click CREATE NEW to launch a new connection from the connection panel.
Select the Jira connection in the connection panel.
You can also create a data source from the home page by clicking the Data Sources menu from left menu panel and Create Data Source from the data sources page.
Create Jira data source
Once you click the data source, the NEW DATA SOURCE configuration panel opens. Follow the below steps to create Jira data source.
- Enter a name and description (optional) for the data source.
- Enter a valid Jira REST API in the URL textbox. Refer the Jira API documentation for more details.
- Choose one of the Request Body type to make a request, either JQL or Raw Query.
- Choose a time interval for Refresh Settings using the combo box, to trigger the Rest API request periodically to keep the data in sync with our dashboard.
- Select JSON data type in Data Format combo box.
- Choose Basic http Authentication under Authentication Type and input a valid Username and API Token.
You can also edit the connection information set here using the Edit Connection option.
Request Body Types
Enter your domain name in the Domain URL textbox.
Enter a valid JQL Query in JQL field.
project = weather
- If you need to add custom fields in JQL filtering, then enable Include Custom Fields and provide the custom fields in enabled text box.
- In Max Rows, enter the maximum number of rows to be fetched from the Jira data source. This value is used to fetch the data from Stripe data source via pagination.
Custom field ID’s must be separated using comma.
Enter a valid URL in the URL field textbox.
Select GET method for the REST API in Method combo box.
How do I get API Token for connecting Jira data source?
- Log in to Generate API Token.
- Click Create API token.
- From the dialog that appears, enter a memorable and concise Label for your token and click Create.
- Click Copy to clipboard, then paste the token to your script, or elsewhere to save.
|Max Rows||Most of the REST APIs return only fewer data on a single API request. To pull the amount of data you need, set a value in this field. Pagination is handled internally and will fetch the amount of data you need.|
|Refresh Settings||Period of time before next refresh call is triggered. This will automatically trigger a call for the API configured in the data source to keep the data up to date. If you do not want to sync your new data, choose ‘Never’.|
Setting up the URL
- Replace <:your_domain> with your domain name in the URL.
For instance, to get the tasks/issues under specific project, replace your JQL Query in the textarea.
Sample Domain URL: https://abcde.atlassian.net
project = weather
Sample JQL queries
List tasks based on status modified
project = weather AND status CHANGED FROM “In Progress” TO “Open”
List tasks based on status on specified week
project = weather AND status was “In Progress” DURING (startOfWeek(), endOfWeek())
List tasks based on resolution
project = “weather” AND resolution changed to “Done” by currentUser() during (startOfYear(), endOfYear())
List tasks based on fixVersion
project = weather AND fixVersion = latestReleasedVersion(weather)
Preview and data import
- Click Preview & Connect to connect with the configurations set.
The Choose Schema(s) dialog opens. The schema represents the key fields of data retrieved from Jira Rest API request. This dialog displays a list of schemas in treeview and its corresponding values in grid for preview. Select required schema(s) from treeview to use in designer and click Connect.
Now, the data design view page with selected table schema opens. Drag and drop the table.
- Click Save to save the data source with a relevant name.
Data Transformation - https://help.syncfusion.com/bold-bi/visualize-data/joining-table
Editing a Data Connection - https://help.syncfusion.com/bold-bi/editing-a-data-connection
Dashboard Designer Walk Through - https://help.syncfusion.com/bold-bi/dashboard-designer-walk-through
Jira Integration - https://www.boldbi.com/integrations/jira