Connecting Bold BI to Asana data source
Bold BI dashboard designer supports connecting Asana web services through REST API.
Choose Asana data source
To configure the Asana data source, follow the below steps:
Click the Data Sources button in the configuration panel to add a new data connection.
- Click CREATE NEW to launch a new connection from the connection panel.
Select the Asana connection in the connection panel.
You can also create a data source from the home page by clicking the Data Sources menu from left menu panel and Create Data Source from the data sources page.
Authentication with Asana
Use the following steps to authenticate with Asana web service.
- Click the data source, you will be prompted with a login window. Enter the credentials of your Asana account to authorize.
Click Allow in the authorization window to accept the scopes requested by Bold BI dashboards.
If the permission is denied, the account will not be accessible from the dashboard.
- Set a name to identify the account and click Next.
- You have now successfully authorized your connection. Click Connect to continue with the data source connection.
- To connect via existing account, refer Connected Accounts.
If you need to connect to another account click Connect New Account.
Connect to Asana
Create Asana data source
After successful authentication, the NEW DATA SOURCE configuration panel opens. Follow the below steps to create Asana data source.
- Enter a name and description (optional) for the data source.
Enter a valid Asana REST API endpoint in the URL textbox. Refer the Asana API documentation for more details.
- Select GET method for the REST API in Method combo box.
- In Max Rows, enter the maximum number of rows to be fetched from the Asana data source. This value is used to fetch the data from Asana data source via pagination.
- Choose a time interval for Refresh Settings using the combo box, to trigger the Rest API request periodically to keep the data in sync with our dashboard.
- Select JSON data type in Data Format combo box.
- The authentication type will be set to Asana automatically since OAuth is used for authenticating with Asana account.
You can also edit the connection information set here using the Edit Connection option.
|Max Rows||Most of the REST APIs return only fewer data on a single API request. To pull the amount of data you need, set a value in this field. Pagination is handled internally and will fetch the amount of data you need.|
|Refresh Settings||Period of time before next refresh call is triggered. This will automatically trigger a call for the API configured in the data source to keep the data up to date. If you do not want to sync your new data, choose ‘Never’.|
|API Limits||To keep it available for all users and stability Asana enforces multiple kinds of limitations.The free domain have 150 request per minute and the premium domain have 1500 request per minute. In addition **Search APIs** are limited to 60 requests per minute.|
- Query the /Projects endpoint.
- From the listed information get the id of the specific Project.
Replace it in the URL to query a project section:
Preview and data import
- Click Preview & Connect to connect with the configurations set.
The Choose Schema(s) dialog opens. The schema represents the key fields of JSON data retrieved from Asana Rest API request. This dialog displays a list of schemas in treeview and its corresponding values in grid for preview. Select required schema(s) from treeview to use in designer and click Connect.
Now, the data design view page with selected table schema opens. Drag and drop the table.
- Click Save to save the data source with a relevant name.
Connected accounts for OAuth data sources
If you have already logged into the account and authenticated with web data source, the account information will be listed here. You can select one of the accounts or connect to a new account by clicking the Connect New Account button.
You can edit, delete and re-authorize this account from the Connected Accounts page.
Data Transformation - https://help.syncfusion.com/bold-bi/visualize-data/joining-table
Editing a Data Connection - https://help.syncfusion.com/bold-bi/editing-a-data-connection
Dashboard Designer Walk Through - https://help.syncfusion.com/bold-bi/dashboard-designer-walk-through
Asana API Rate Limits - https://asana.com/developers/documentation/getting-started/rate-limits
Asana Integration - https://www.boldbi.com/integrations/asana